18

Roses are redViolets make a cheesy giftThinking about people's actions Can give you a facelift

Roses are red
Violets make a cheesy gift
Thinking about people's actions
Can give you a facelift

The feeling of Michigan's shoulder was long gone. He left a while ago; in a frenzied panic.

He didn't have to tell her why, because Dani already knew....

Adam called, and not even a second into the call she could see the colour leave Michigan's tan face. Despite being astray he told her the details. The movers, who came to pick up Chris and Betty's things, realized the front door was unlocked. They called the police and as soon as they got to the scene; they ruled their deaths an accident.

Chris had high levels of alcohol in his system; high enough for it to kill him.

That combined with the fall he took down the stairs was enough to kill him along with the old lady.

It was an accident, just like Atlas said it would be. There was no other visual evidence, which meant Dani got away with murder—once again.

When Michigan left, he left for a good reason.

He left to go comfort his weeping best friend.

He left to go see someone more important to him.

He left Dani all alone in her thoughts.

She didn't go to school the next day or the day after that. She felt like a husk as the entire week and weekend passed over her head.

As soon as Monday hit Dani was nudged out of her bed by Benjamin. He was worried about her, but she reassured him she was alright.

But she wasn't. As soon as her feet left her room, she fell into a crying fit.

She dreaded walking down the bright hallways of Red Grove High School. She was a murderer among the teens; Dragging her bloody feet down the clean hallway.

She couldn't face Adam... not now, anyway.

He knew about Gary; He had to know because Chris knew. How come he never said anything to her about it? How come he still hung out with her and talked to her like a semi-normal person? Why wasn't he mad at her for killing a friend? Was it all the alcohol? Did he drink and smoke just to deal with her?

Dani held in her screams as her arms crossed her chest. She regretted coming to school today. Her head pressed against the cold locker door; She could feel the salter tears on her cheek as memories popped back into her mind.

The smell of strong musky cologne congregated beside her locker. The person tapped her shoulder, but she didn't bother looking up—she didn't have the energy to.

"Hey Daniella?" the familiar voice coughed.

She groaned as a response and placed her hoodie on her head. He never called her by her full name. It was always Michigan's ex, or Dan, and sometimes Dani—But never Daniella.