12

Roses are redSchool makes you blueShe's regretting her choicesEven before she finds out who

Roses are red
School makes you blue
She's regretting her choices
Even before she finds out who...

All the students who go to Red Grove High have one thing in common: They all hated Mr. Wood.

They hated him because he locked a group of students in his room and tried to rap for and dance for a solid 3 hours. On the other hand, Dani didn't hate Mr. Wood — she despised him with a passion.

She had him way too many times to count. He taught her biology, economics, chemistry, and even biology again because she took an advanced class. Then she finally got a break from him for an entire year when he was whisked away to rehab.

Now he was back, and Dani had him for biology...again.

After she walked away from Michigan and got her new schedule from the front desk, she wanted to scream when she saw the words bio and wood together in the same slot. She was sick of him. But he wasn't sick of her. He always made petty comments about how she followed him everywhere. She didn't follow him; it felt like he was following her.

The bell finally rang signalling the end of class, and it was a sweet relief. Dani yawned and picked up her bag; It was finally her lunch break. 

Atlas laughed at her enormous yawn, "You just took a two-hour nap, how could you be yawning?"

Dani rolled her eyes. Atlas seemed friendly to her now, probably because she was the only person to know about what was going on in his life. Maybe that was a bad thing, "It happens... I'm human, I'm allowed to be tired." She stressed as she tried to fix her hair, but it was no use. She couldn't tame her mane without some hair gel. She waited for Atlas to get up, but he sat securely in his seat. "Could you please move?" she asked with a sharp tone.

He quickly glanced behind him then looked up at her, "can you pretend we're having a conversion?" His cheeks turned red as he panicked.

"Ok sure I'll have a conversation with you," she sat back down and placed her arm on her desk, "I need you to explain to me why you're not getting up. You're blocking my only exit and I don't want to jump over these desks." She stressed, "We only get 55 minutes for break time and I really need to steal some coffee from the teacher's lounge. Now explain."

Atlas' face darkened as he gave her a pleading look. He looked like her little brother when he really wanted her to take him to the grocery store. "There is nothing wrong with having a normal conversation?" He moved closer to her and lowered his voice, "If I could drag your unconscious body through my window you could have a simple conversation with me." He threatened.

Dani cringed at his words. Talking about these things didn't feel good, especially in public places. "Ok..." she looked into his pleading eyes, "I'll have a conversion with you... wait?" She leaned to her right to look over his shoulder. Two girls stood in the corner giggling. "Wow.. it looks like Mr. Murderer has a fan club." She held in her laughter, "I'm not having a conversation with you." She stood up and smiled at the girls, "as a matter of fact, today I don't feel like associating with my number one problem." His face saddened as Dani stood tall, "You're paying me to help you with one problem, not all your problems, now please move, I need to pass out in the stairwell."