5

Roses are redViolets aren't blue Everyone has secretsEveryone, including you

Roses are red
Violets aren't blue
Everyone has secrets
Everyone, including you.

Sorrow was all Atlas could see in her eyes; sorrow with a dash of hate. Dani slammed the door when she left. She even slammed every door after that. He couldn't tell if that was a pleasant sign—he was never one to be good at reading body language. Atlas felt satisfied, although in the back of his mind he felt like this wasn't the last time he'll see her. He knew what she did, or more importantly, he knew what she could do. If she was smart enough to cover that up then who knows what else she was hiding.

Atlas couldn't believe she killed someone. Or that's what the messages said at least. But judging by her reaction when he was about to talk about it, those messages weren't a joke. This made him feel better about himself—He wasn't the only one in this town to commit a felony and get away with it. This intrigued him. Why did Dani kill that person? Was it an accident or did she have to like him? Who was that person?

Atlas' stomach rumbled as he locked the drawer with Charlotte's phone. He only had a glass of water after he threw up his guts last night. He couldn't hold anything else down because of the thought of blood. Anything that made it through his esophagus came back up moments later. He hoped the feeling passed through or else he wouldn't know what to do. Killing someone wasn't as easy as the movie's made it out to be. There was a lot more labour and wits involved—not everyone could be a killer.

The deed was done, but he still had more to accomplish. The thought of that made him whirl, as there were more people he had to kill; the man only said that Charlotte was the beginning.

Before heading down the steep set of stairs for breakfast, he made sure everything in his room was hidden. He didn't want anyone to stumble upon anything and start asking questions.

His muscles ached as he reached the tiny kitchen. His mother looked up from the stove and greeted him with a sad smile. "Hey, Mr. Model, what took you so long to get out of your room?" His mother asked. "Your unknown friend just left. She looked so uneasy. I asked her if she wanted breakfast but she said no and ran out of the house crying? What did you do to that poor girl?"

Atlas rubbed his eyes and glared at his mother. "Nothing mom, nothing at all." He adjusted his black t-shirt and pulled out a chair to join his sisters at the table. Before he could even sip his orange juice, the two of them laughed in sync.

"Wow Atlas, I didn't know you were that rebellious," Emma adjusted her glasses, "you know having a one-night stand and all."

The scent of citrus replaced the smell of buttery waffles as his orange juice squirted out from his nose and into his cup. He quickly grabbed a napkin and turned away from his younger sisters to clean up. "What the hell, Emma? I didn't have a one-night stand." He coughed as his nostrils burned.

The twins laughed again, this time louder at Atlas's defensive tone. "Oh sure, you didn't." Emma mocked "What were all those noises last night huh?" She leaned her head to the side.