6

Roses are redEmotions can create rubbleEven with her hangover passing Dani's sanity was in trouble

Roses are red
Emotions can create rubble
Even with her hangover passing
Dani's sanity was in trouble

. . .

"H-how could you?" Dani cried as her head exploded. She couldn't believe the words that came out his mouth, "Y-you did it on purpose? Y-you ruined my life!"

The boy in front of her laughed, "Daniella, I didn't ruin your life," He paused then looked at Charlotte who held Dani back, "We made it better!" He stressed as things faded away.

It was an accident.

"It was just an accident." That's what Charlotte kept on telling her, but Charlotte didn't see everything. From where she was standing, she didn't see the hatred in Dani's eyes when she pushed him.

. . .

That day was vivid in her mind. Every time she thought about it, she re-lived those moments. She re-lived the very moment she saw the panic in his brown eyes as he fell.

One moment he was on the cliff, smirking at Dani's frustration, laughing at Dani's sadness. The next moment he was 40 feet below—dead.

They dragged his body out and swore to never talk about it again. They even made up a lie and said that he ran away to Mexico. Everyone believed it since Gary was a reckless person, but no one believed the reason Charlotte didn't go with him. Gary and Charlotte were inseparable; they did everything together.

Now they were both together in Mexico.

Dani would rather be in Mexico than in her current situation.

Trees and tears—that was all Dani could see through her awful vision. Landmarks and stores helped a little, but even if you know Red Grove from a local standpoint, you could still get lost. After she left that boy's house she felt awful, overworked, and completely petrified. He knew her name; he knew her secret, and she didn't even know his actual name. Atlas didn't seem like a person's proper name.

Dani's legs shook as he finally reached her cottage. It wasn't too far from Atlas' but being on the verge of throwing up and passing out made the journey seem like hell. Before she could even knock on the green door it swung open revealing the one person she didn't want to see this morning —her mother.

"Daniella?! Where have you been!" Dani's mother's cranky voice shook the house.

She covered her sensitive ears as her mother's voice practically woke up the entire cottage circle. "Good morning to you too mom." She cringed as her voice sounded like sandpaper. She felt like she was going through a little more than hungover--she felt drunk and looked like it too.

From the looks of it, she could tell that her mother was standing by the door all morning waiting for her to show up. She was probably even standing there all night looking out and like a madman. Her mother was wearing her fancy blue cow pyjamas—which swallowed her because of her petite frame. Dani wished she inherited her mom's body type, but she got her dad's blocky figure instead. Her mom's thick long curly hair was up into a misshapen bun, and the whites of her eyes were tinted red— the poor woman didn't get a wink of sleep.