19

Roses are redA mystery is unfoldingAtlas has his fingers tied And his life is remoulding

Roses are red
A mystery is unfolding
Atlas has his fingers tied
And his life is remoulding

Atlas swore under his breath when he came to a slight blizzard conclusion. He was somehow able to connect three out of the four names he received.

And looking back at the four other people his dad killed... the connection became more predominant.

It's been four days since he got the new name from The Man. It was inappropriate for him to check his messages while everyone around him was crying or giving their condolences, but he had to.

He couldn't wait.

The next person on the list was someone by the name of Ashly Torres. When Atlas searched the internet, he was grateful for all the results that came up. Ashly was a very public person. She had thousands of followers and millions of likes all across all social platforms. She was also the owner of the famous Darren's Desert Deck.

The famous diner that the Sterling Property Advisors owned.

This thought made Atlas recall the images he found on Charlotte's phone. She had a few blurry letters from the Sterling Property Advisors.

Chris also had a letter similar to Charlotte's. In addition to that, he was also the son of the man who owned the company.

Now, this Ashly person was also connected to the company.

But why?

Why was the man targeting people who worked for Ricky? This was the thought at the back of Atlas' mind that kept him going. It made him want to dig more.

So he did.

His dad killed four people before they caught him. The information on those people was kept quiet for legal reasons. However, from the information Atlas gathered from the news reports, he concluded that they were people who came from out-of-town, all seeking jobs at the Sterling Property Advisors. This meant every past victim was related to the Sterling Property Advisors.

Well, everyone except for Betty Herbert.

She was the major outlier. But she had to fit in somewhere?

The man wouldn't have had Atlas kill an innocent person? Would he?

Atlas groaned as he developed a headache. He picked up the paper he stole from Chris and read it again.