15

Roses are blood redViolets are dusty blueSomething about the way you do thingsMakes me admire you

Roses are blood red
Violets are dusty blue
Something about the way you do things
Makes me admire you

A commotion broke out upstairs.
One voice laughed while the other screamed and shouted like their life depended on it.

It was bliss and quite frightening.

Then for a moment, everything fell silent.

Silent until a loud grunt filled the air and the body of a 20-year-old man with a large box tumbled down the stairs like a domino.

On impact, he took out the old lady.

It was a bloody sight.

Nervously, Atlas held his stomach as the blood from the bodies pooled out in front of him. He suddenly dropped the box he was holding and covered his mouth.

He couldn't throw up now, not in the house anyway.

"Holy shit!" He heard Dani scream at the top of her lungs, "I—I killed him?" She rushed down the stairs, "Oh God, I killed him!"

"Oh my," was all Atlas could say. It happened so fast that he couldn't prepare his mind or his stomach. He looked between the petrified Dani and the twitching bodies of the two victims. He swallowed the bile in his throat and took a deep breath. The bodies were mangled in an ungodly position as blood pooled out on the white ground. There were boxes and papers everywhere, "What just happened." He whispered under his shaky breath.

Dani reached the bottom step, then instantly jumped back as she took in the full sight. He watched as she retreated up a few more steps. Her hair was out of her bun and her brown eyes were the size of basketballs. Her body shook like a stand mixed as she replied "I—I," she could barely speak, "I—he was accusing me of something," she brought her gloved fingers to her face and covered her wide eyes, "He upset me, and I pushed him and he fell—"

"—Say no more," Atlas gagged and looked away from the blood. At least he didn't have to stab the old lady.

Although, this was an awful way to die. Stabbing would have given her more dignity.

"Oh god, I feel like I'm going to throw up." He stressed as his face paled.

Dani's panicked eyes met his, "What no! Please don't throw up! If you puke, I'll puke!" She covered her mouth, absorbing the mess in front of her.

Atlas nodded and moved close to the bodies. He hesitantly bent down while keeping his cool and checked for a pulse. "It looks like Chris snapped his neck and Mrs. Herbert died on impact." He looked up at Dani who was now shutting her eyes, "They're dead... it's done." he sighed, "You did it." His eyes wandered to the box that came down with Chris. It was flipped upside down, and a few papers were spilled out.

His heart picked up speed as he recognized the logo.