3

Roses are redViolets bring forth a curseFor Atlas, the pretty boyTonight just got worse

Roses are red
Violets bring forth a curse
For Atlas, the pretty boy
Tonight just got worse.

Atlas held onto the screaming girl with both his tired arms. She panicked and thrashed as he pulled her away from Charlotte's dead body. "Mmmpf!!" She continued to struggle.

"Please stop moving!" He pleaded, but she didn't listen. The girl wasn't meant to uncover Charlotte's body—she was supposed to walk out of the clearing after noticing nothing. But of course, Atlas had to drop Charlotte's loud phone when he jumped into the bushes.

Now he had a predicament on his hands.

The girl rocked her head as Atlas' grip started to loosen. He felt weak after spilling his guts, but he continued to hold on. "Mmfgg!" The girl snapped her jaw as she used her feet to kick behind her.

Atlas groaned at the hits, "I'll let you go if you stop moving please!!" He craned his neck. When he saw the blood from Charlotte, he gagged again. After a few moments, the girl stopped moving against his chest. She was still breathing hard as Atlas felt her rapid heartbeat. Her body was almost still, "Good." Atlas spoke with his shaking voice, "Ok, now that you've calmed down a bit..." he whispered into the stranger's ear, "I'm going to let you go... On the count of three." He thought real hard on what to do with her after, "and umm after I let you go... you're going to waltz back into that party, get drunk, and forget that any of this ever happened... Can you do that for me, please?" He prayed, hoping that the girl was dumb enough and drunk enough to go along with it.

The girl slowly but surely nodded her head, agreeing with his demands.

"Thank you..." Atlas let out a breath. If she actually does what he said then he would have one less problem on his hands. But there was a possibility that she would go straight to the police and that would completely ruin everything. "A-and if you don't do what I say.." He looked at Charlotte's body and thought of the worst, "I'll kill you too?" He threatened. Whoever this girl was, she just stumbled into a critical situation, and if Atlas had to, he would kill her.

He felt a few cold tears drop onto his exposed arm, "Mm-hmm!" the petrified girl shook as she continued to nod her head.

"Ok... One," he cringed. The stranger stopped breathing. "Two?" He continued to count as the girl went silent. "Three?"

The girl pushed out of his arms and fell face-first into the dirt. She turned onto her back, held onto her knees, and pointed to the body, "Charlotte dead!" She screamed. "W-why she's dead!"

Atlas swore. "No, did you not just listen to what I said?" He glared at the shaking girl. He was expecting her to walk away from the body, but she sat there staring and pointing. The girl's skin was a light shade of cocoa under the bright moonlight. She had on a big blue sweater which was now covered in grass and mud as she slowly crawled closer to Charlotte's body. Her puffy black hair bounced as she turned to face him. One eye was an abnormal green colour while the other one was brown and twitching. This was the 'Dani' person Charlotte talked about—the one with the green contacts and the one who was spamming the girl's phone.