2

Roses are red Violets are worthier There are two sides to this storyAnd this one starts 45 minutes earlier

Roses are red
Violets are worthier
There are two sides to this story
And this one starts 45 minutes earlier

. . .

*Beep... *
Hi, you've reached Charlotte! You know what to do right after the beep!
*... Beep*

Oh, my god Charlotte, pick up your damn phone! You forced me to go to this garbage party! What makes you think you can just ditch me for a guy again? You didn't even leave me the car keys! I could have driven myself home while you go and make out with strangers!

I swear to god, next time I see you I will kill you!

Ugh just, please... I'm worried about you.
Call me back as soon as possible.

Ok? Bye!
. . .

"Just, please... I'm worried about you... call me back as soon as possible... ok? Bye!" She recalled her words.

Dani sat on a liquor-soaked couch.

Alone.
Again.

She was at another one of Hayley's stupid spring parties where strange party music blared and rainbow-coloured LED lights flickered. All the rich, privileged teens jumped around making out with each other. Everyone around her didn't have a care in the world—they never had to work a day in their lives. Their parents bought them fancy cars and designer clothes; they probably even got huge cheques as allowances. They maybe even used their wallets as toilet paper.

Partying was just the norm for them—something they did to pass the pastime while they phased through school.

Partying wasn't the norm for Dani. She would rather complete her awful chemistry homework than sit here alone in the flashing room. She was only here because her best friend Charlotte dragged her. She said it would be fun for them to socialize and hang out here.

It would have been a fun night if Charlotte didn't ditch her for that strange dude.

"Why the long face, Chocolate Bar?" Michigan—Dani's ex-boyfriend casually sat down and pulled his sweaty arm over her shoulder. She groaned at his presence and glanced down at his white shirt. It was drenched in sweat, making it almost transparent. His blonde hair seemed to be ruffled like he just made out with a girl, or maybe a guy. Dani didn't question his sexuality. He reeked of alcohol, and his position near her made her feel uncomfortable.

Dani slowly scooted over to the other side of the fuzzy couch. "Why does it concern you Michigan?" She didn't make eye contact with him. Instead, she focused her attention on the long snack table in the dark corner.

Michigan shuffled closer. "It does concern me!" He brought his arm back over her, "This is a high school party! You're supposed to be having fun! You're supposed to get drunk and do things you'll regret in the morning!! Not—'hick'—sit in the corner and be on your phone." He pointed down to her lap. "Alone..."