31

Roses are red Cherry blossoms are pinkYour thoughts can become your actions So be careful about what you think

Roses are red
Cherry blossoms are pink
Your thoughts can become your actions
So be careful about what you think.

Atlas's heart stopped as he instantly placed his head back on his desk. Black dress shoes clicked with non-rhythmical steps into the dull biology room. The sound of those shoes left echoing prints on his broken mind as his stomach clenched.

Him? Why him? Out of all the people in this small town, why did Emma had to hook up with him?

This man was someone hated—Someone who attacked his dreams.

Atlas forced himself to open his eyes as the shoes stopped in the centre of the entrance to the room. As soon as he lifted his head, the remaining students who lingered and followed him into the room did double-take—Others gasped and went silent.

That reaction didn't seem to bother Mr. Joshua Wood as he clenched onto his briefcase and surveyed his room.

Today he wore no quirky tie, no funny shirt or blazer, only a solid black suit with a burgundy tie that matched his cuts and bruises. The young teacher's face was swollen and damaged beyond repair as his right knee held a slight bend. His lip was split, and he held a hand up to his damaged and bandaged nose. The only thing normal about him was his hair. It was neatly gelled down despite the unkempt apprentice of the rest of his body.

Atlas really did a number on him yesterday. He did it out of pure rage, pure adrenaline, pure hate for the man. Mr. Wood put him through so much last year before he was dragged away to rehab. He even found out that Emma was dating Josh a bit before that, which undoubtedly made Atlas break the man's nose just for the hell of it.

And he wanted to break more.

Mr. Wood cleared his throat,"Hello everyone," His hand muffled his voice as he looked like he didn't want to be here. The 12 other students in the room just stared; They didn't know what to say or do.

Hopefully, none of them connected the dots of their injuries. However, with one glance over Atlas's shoulder at Hailey and Audrey, he could tell that they were starting to. He squeezed his bloody fist harder as Wood continued, "There's no joke this morning, and there is no lesson." He stressed as he let go of his nose, "I cannot teach because of... a personal matter that has been dealt with." He turned his attention directly at Atlas and stared daggers into his soul. "So no need to worry about me."

Atlas ducked his head again to avoid Mr. J. Wood's drained and hateful eyes. The stare made him want to punch him again. He would have done it right now within a heartbeat, but he didn't want all these people to see. He could still feel Adam's arms pulling him off Josh as her sister screamed for her boyfriend's life. Luckily, Gemma was there to get Wood out of his sight before things went too far.