22

Rose are redViolets are blueLife is a complete messAnd cardboard isn't something to chew

Rose are red
Violets are blue
Life is a complete mess
And cardboard isn't something to chew

Everything somehow made sense logically. However, in the ethical department— this situation was morally wrong. That conversation between the two happened weeks ago, but the thoughts still lingered in Dani's mind.

Her dead friends had secret lives she didn't know about.

And that heartless company, The Sterling Property Advisors, was a lot sketcher than it looked. Dani had always had bad feelings about them. Their commercials were just so cheesy and their song made them look like a perfect company.

They weren't.

They were far from one.

They had secrets and things that they didn't want to be exposed to the public.

Dirty things.

Why did she agree to help Atlas again... well the money and pure curiosity. Atlas said her killing Gary sparked some things. She didn't fully understand what those things were, but now she at least wanted to see everything play out before she skips town.

One of the lasting things from that conversion was the fact that Adam knew about Gary.

Adam knew and he didn't blame Dani or punish her in any way. He just got high and lived with it.

That was something she had to confront him about... maybe later.

Right now she had to change her mindset about life.

Atlas gave her some time to chill. At least he was thoughtful enough. He said that they'll start planning for the next person once she was mentally ready. He didn't look mentally ready himself, but Dani couldn't judge him... and he couldn't judge her. After reluctantly agreeing a few days passed and they were back to normal.

Well, if planning to kill a new person was normal, then things were normal.

Usually, on a Saturday, Dani would wake up and head over for her 8 hours shift at Darren's Dessert Deck. Her mouth water as she thought about the golden sugary pancakes. However, instead of pancakes, and waiting tables, she was eating cardboard flavoured cereal and crying.

She sat alone at the kitchen table with her glasses staring back at her. Her little brother Benjamin was picked up by a friend, leaving her alone with her mother. The woman was still getting ready for work, so in a few minutes, she would finally be alone.

Moments into her bowl, her mother came rushing down the stairs in a hurry. She spent too long trying to flat iron her curly hair again. Her boss liked it straight, so she attempted to do it every day, even if it made her late. "Oh, Daniella? What are you still doing here? Don't you have work?" She shoved a bagel in the toaster and grabbed the butter out of the fridge. Her suit was wrinkled, and she didn't have any concealer on yet. You could see her large bags under chocolate skin.