8

Roses are red Violets and cash make a good bribeEmotions are like a rollercoasterAnd Dani is having one hell of a ride

Roses are red
Violets and cash make a good bribe
Emotions are like a rollercoaster
And Dani is having one hell of a ride

No word in the English language could describe how Dani was feelingperplexing was the closest. After her long shift, Dani collapsed onto the green couch in the break room. She felt drained, like an electric toothbrush after days without a full charge. Luckily Atlas was her last person of the day. She didn't know if she could stand straight after dealing with him. He looked so cool and collected with his smug-faced and his dark attire. His attitude made her want to punch him in the face. She wished she did, after all, it was his fault she was like this. If he didn't stab Charlotte she wouldn't be in this emotional predicament.

She rolled over and subconsciously reached for her phone, but the memories dawned on her. She would have to pick up extra work this month just to get a device in her hands again, but until then, if she needed to call someone, borrowing a phone or using a phone booth was her next best option. But a phone booth didn't have social media. Dani pondered if people noticed Charlotte didn't do her morning hangover post. Both she and Michigan used to laugh at how bizarre some were—but now there was nothing to laugh about.

With dread, she slowly got up and moved around the space. She even almost lost it when he brought Atlas's order to the kitchen. Something about him made her sick..

"Oh, Daniella, are you on break now?" Dani let out a sigh as her boss's voice trailed into the room. The giant grey revolving door to the break room swished, breaking a bit of the tension.

"Yes, I am." Dani frowned.

Ashly approached her, "That's great because you are just the person I wanted to see, please step into my office." She brushed past Dani and marched into her office. The clicking of her heels mocked Dani. Being called into Ashly's office was never a good sign, and with the way Dani was feeling, she prayed that things couldn't get worse.

As she entered the dark space, her 30-year-old boss spun around in her brown office chair. Even though the break room was just outside, she preferred meetings in her office. She says it because of the draft and because her office had a dimmer--Ashly liked to work in the dark. Dani lifted her glasses before rubbing her eyes. Her boss' composer looked sharp as Dani took a seat. Ashly was not a person to mess around with. If she has the chance, she'll break your legs for not listening to her. Her blonde eyebrows squished up together and the corner of her lips was pointed. Her left leg was tapping furiously on the ground and her arms were crossed over her enormous chest. "Do you know why I wanted to see you, Daniella?"

Dani shook her tired head. "No..." she looked away for a moment, trying to recall a mistake she made somewhere. She was the perfect waitress... she stayed quiet, and she took on extra shifts. Maybe this was a promotion to a higher position. A higher position meant more money, and that meant working fewer hours. "I don't know why I'm here," she said skeptically.