39

Rosemary leaves are greenThings eventually decompose His heart is in a dilemma As he has to think about Daniella Rose

Things eventually decompose
His heart is in a dilemma
As he has to think about Daniella Rose

Daniella, Daniella, Daniella Rose.
Wherefore didst the lasteth has't to beest Daniella Rose.

Atlas pushed aside his English homework; he had enough. The papers scattered all across the kitchen table, leaving no wood uncovered. His laptop screen was far from dim and when he slammed it down, it plunged him into darkness with only his phone lighting up his drooping face.

Daniella, Daniella, Daniella Rose.

Why did the last one have to be her? It was going so well that he never gave that a thought. Yes, it was strange that she knew almost everyone on the list, but she was entirely clueless too. They both did not know what was going on, yet here it was—Proof of her being a part of the problem.

Daniella, Daniella, Daniella Rose.

The Man wanted her dead, whether Atlas liked it or not. The Man wanted her dead because she stole money, just like the rest of them.

Dani was filled with secrets. He wasn't. He spilled his guts just so she would trust him, but she didn't have to spill hers. It wasn't a fair deal, but it was a cross that he bore because he was desperate for help. She had killed before without being caught, so she made the perfect partner to get the list done... but deep down Atlas knew that she was sketchy from the very moment he met him. He only wished he didn't put all his trust into her.

Daniella, Daniella, Daniella Rose.

Filled with secrets and filled with hate. He hated her for not telling him. He hated her for agreeing to go along with this. He hated her for being her. He didn't know if she received a letter. Everyone else did. Or maybe she was going to receive one in the next few days? If that was the case, then he hoped she took his advice and packed her bags. She would be halfway to another city, far away from Red Grove if she was smart.

Daniella, Daniella, Daniella Rose.

What would The Man do to Atlas if she escaped before he killed her? He was a stickler for threats, Atlas learned that firsthand. Whenever he would ask questions, he would get the same response—Egging him to just go with the flow or face the consequences.

Make sure no one sees you
No one should see you
No witnesses
No witnesses

Yet Daniella was his witness... She witnessed it all.

His thumbs are cramped as he scrolled through all the messages right from the top. His eyes studied conversion after conversation with The Man reliving the confusion and the perplexity that he felt a year ago when his dad was arrested.

When that happened, Atlas thought it was over for his family. The craziest things would fly in his mind when he couldn't sleep at night. He thought his mother would lose her job or their small house would get repossessed or he would be deemed an outsider at school because his dad was a criminal.