32

Roses are redRage is not blue Planning and thinking is essential But something in this poem sticks like the flu

Roses are red
Rage is not blue
Planning and thinking is essential
But something in this poem sticks like the flu

A timid tap on her shoulder, hesitant yet entirely meaningful,  jump-started her heart back into reality. Dani groaned, then rubbed her eyes and glanced at the time to see if class was over yet.

Sadly, it wasn't.

She still had 30 minutes left of this unlawfully stupid presentation.

Ms. Fern Jones tapped the board once again, and this time a picture of a cottage popped up. It was prim and beautifully decorated, and a completely unrealistic blue lake was stationed behind it with hundreds of trees.

Confused, Dani stopped rubbing her eyes and turned to Atlas. A slight frown played on his busted lips as he whispered, "You're alive." He joked.

She ignored his pettiness and let out a tiny yawn. "Yeah, and I wish I wasn't" She bit her lips and placed her head back on her desk. Her eyes traced the bruises on his chin with whatever consciences she had left and soon they drifted off again to the smooth noises of her classmates whispering and the lady rambling about trees.

"Please don't..." Atlas swiftly held his hand out and nudged her forehead off the chipped desk.

"Why not?" She eyed him angrily, being careful not to make much noise. "I don't give a damn about the Sterling Property Advisors. You should know that by now? I highly doubt you care since you think someone working for them is blackmailing you." She reiterated his moral conflict with ease as it was getting normal for her twisted conscience to speak about it.

Atlas sighed as he slid his beat up phone across the desk. "This is why..." He stated with a bit of satire in his voice before forcing his attention to the front. From the looks of it, he wasn't watching the dull presentation, he was watching Mr. Wood. The teacher seemed to be just as broad as everyone else as he played with his roughly cut bandages and stared out the window.

With wonder, Dani picked up the phone and blinked at the dark screen.

I need to speed things up a bit
And I could tell that you need a break
So here's the second last one
Joshua Wood.

Her mouth widened with utter dismay as she looked from the phone to Atlas again.

This man wanted Mr. Wood dead? It made sense since Wood had Emma collect money from Ashly who was also on the list; but Dani still couldn't even comprehend the fact that Mr. Wood was Josh... and was dating Emma.

Now they had to kill him.

"Mr. Wood?" She mouthed as she couldn't help but study the messages again. "No..." She gulped, but it was right there on the LCD screen.

Joshua Wood.

All Atlas could do was nod his head as his skin flushed a darker shade of red. She'd tried to imagine how he felt, but he was a complicated person to read. This was his sister's not so secreted boyfriend who he already gave a piece of his mind to—the bruises on both of them said it all.