Chapter 24

Song for Chapter:

Punisher by The Cool Quest

***

Cameron's Pov

I woke up with a crick in my neck, something I've become accustomed to.

Sleep these days haven't been a luxury for me anymore since the whole dilemma.

I checked the time, seeing that it was almost ten in the morning. I purposely missed school today, since I really wanted to go to the annual soccer match against East High and New Gardens High. I know I left high school a year ago, but I've learnt that Jamie's a cheerleader now, and I've been dying to see her, even if it's from the stadium stands.

Jamie.

Checking my calender, I saw that it has been three weeks since our break up, and everyday seems to be ten days by itself.

To say I miss her would be an understatement. I may sound desperate, but I  need to hold her again; just to have her small hands on my chest as I kiss her sweet lips then stare in those beautiful golden eyes of hers while she smiles so beautifully at me.

God I miss her.

I knew I shouldn't have lied to her that day, I was just so terrified of what she'd do if she found out that I was late because I was with Melody. God knows what she must've been thinking when she found out.

I guess I should've called and told her everything, but I didn't want her to think I was prioritizing Melody over her, which I would never ever do.

But at least I might've still had her if I just told her the truth from the start. I've learnt from that mistake for sure.

I've tried so damn hard to make it up to her after that, but she had blocked me on every social media and she wouldn't answer my calls.

I was telling myself to give her space, that is until a week and a half ago when she was attacked by that creep Dan. Gosh if I was there I would've beat the crap out of him for dare touching her.

Funny, it was actually Melody who sent me a text telling me about it, and I freaked out and called Jamie. What shocked me though, was that she actually answered. It was so nice to hear her voice and to hear that she was okay.

Maybe it was the scare of the moment that made her answer, but I was grateful. She even unblocked me from her social media, but she still wont talk to me. Only that night. Whenever I'm missing her in the nights, I'd watch her Instagram stories back to back.

Yep. I've gone crazy and soft.

But I don't care. Just to see her beautiful smile and hear her soothing laugh on her stories would give me somewhat a good night's rest. She seems a bit different, but I can still see her underneath all her highschool cheerleader facade.  I know I cant go on like this, but I'm not going to accept this break-up.

She's my Jamie after all.

Sighing, I pushed myself out of bed to get ready. I headed downstairs to grab breakfast where I met my mom. She offered me a big smile as I dropped a kiss on her cheek.

"Good morning sweetheart. You're down early" She said sarcastically with a teasing smile on her lips.

"Real funny mom." I chuckled as I mounted food on a plate.

She slid a cup of coffee towards me before sitting across from me with a look I know too well on her face. "You know the only reason why I'm not upset about you skipping school today is because you want to see your cheerleader girlfriend perform today. But I swear if you  don't bring her home soon you're going to stop using her as an excuse for everything"