Chapter 17

"Cameron just let me drive! "

"No" He casually shrugged as if I wasn't having a full blown tantrum in the parking lot.

I huffed in frustration and crossed my arms over my chest without looking at him. I stubbornly slammed my bottom on the sidewalk, showing him that I wasn't getting in the car unless he made me drive.

He had promised me that if I passed my driver's test AND get my license, he wouldn't mind if I drove his precious car.

It has been days since I passed the test, and even after recieving my license he wouldn't let me drive. I knew I was being childish, but a promise is a promise.

"Jamie get up please" He sighed, stepping in front of me. I simply kept my eyes trained on the road with my arms still in place.

"Please? I'll buy you ice cream on the way back" He said in a singsong voice.

That's what you do everyday! Are you trying to get me fat? I snapped in my mind since I refused to speak to him.

Even though it was almost dark out and the ground was slightly damp from the rain that fell earlier, the female in me refused to let him win.

He sighed deeply before stooping in front of me. "Come on baby. Please? " He coaxed, using his puppy dog eyes.

My eyes narrowed into slits as I threw daggers at him with them. I straightened my back and looked away, knowing that I was breaking him.

Finally, I heard his defeated sigh and I knew I had him.

"Okay I'll let you drive" He surrendered, and I almost broke out in a grin but I quickly regained my composure.

My hand went up and thrust out towards him, and he eyed it unsurely before planting the keys in it. With a squeal and a little victory dance, I took my seat in the diver's side, while my currently annoyed boyfriend sat beside me.

"Women are preposterous " He mumbled as he strapped me in.

"Don't be a sour puss" I teased while I backed out of the parking space.

"So where are we going? " He asked once we were on the road.

"Home" I shrugged.

From the corner of my eyes I saw him look behind him in the direction we just came from with a confused look on his face.

"But you were just home "

"I mean my actual home" I said softly.

It has been a while since I've went home, so it was sorta nerve wracking. It was kinda the reason why I brought Cameron along. I didn't want to go alone.

"You never told me the exact reason why you are living with Alex" Cameron said carefully.

I could see that he was trying not to upset me, since every time he asked about my family I would just shut the topic down. But I knew it wasn't fair to keep it from him. If we were going to be a couple, I guess I should be comfortable enough to be open with him. I mean, I knew I was comfortable with him. I wouldn't have been taking him to my house if I wasn't.