Chapter 21

I groaned loudly as I attempted to get up from the cold hard ground, but was knocked back down by a throbbing in my head.

I rolled once and felt a secondary body warmth next to mine. I heard another groan similar to the one I woke up with as I buried my hand in a full head of silky,  damp hair.

I dared my eyes to open, squinting as bright light blinded me. I blinked a couple times to focus my vision, and what I saw was the beige ceiling of Alex's apartment.

Confusion dawned on me when I saw that Alyssa and I were on the floor. Another groan escaped my lips when I felt the throb increasing in my head.

I had no memories of how we ended up here, but maybe it was for the best.

"Lizzy" I grumbled out, shaking her awake. She made grunting sound but made no move to get up or wake up.

I shook her again with the little strength my arms granted me, this time making her eyes flutter open.

"Hhmmm? " She groaned as she faced me. She looked just as clueless as I was, since all I remembered was going into that club after meeting Alyssa's uncle. I didn't even know how long it has been since that night. It felt like ages ago.

Ages ago since Cameron and I...

"Where are we? " She asked, pushing herself up on one hand.

I too attempted to get up slowly. I winced as I felt the heaviness in my head. I had no idea what we did, but I definitely didn't like the results.

"We're home. Do you remember anything? " I asked, leaning against the couch.

"No. Do you? "

"Not a clue" I told her truthfully. I decided to give it up. If it was anything like what I did when I met Cameron that first night, then I really don't want to know.

Who even drove us home?

I heard distant mumbling in the kitchen, and I recognized Alex's voice in it all. I dragged myself to the bathroom in the hallway and grabbed some pills for Alyssa and I. We ventured to the kitchen where Alex was talking on the phone, but I couldn't register what he was yapping about. I simply poured a glass of water for Alyssa and I.

She threw her head on the island the minute she took the pills, and I did the same until Alex finished his conversation.

But instead of hearing his cheery morning voice, I heard nothing. I slowly lifted my head, happy that the pills were fast effective  pills.

The look on his face was nothing far from scary, and I only saw that look when I messed up.

"Alex? What is it? " I asked carefully, getting Alyssa's attention in the process.

We shared a look before directing our gazes back to Alex. He did not look happy.

"What were you guys thinking huh? " He finally asked, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean? " I attempted to sound innocent but failed completely.

I knew I did some crap I just didn't exactly know what crap that might be.

"On Saturday. I left for a family emergency and you two just disappear? No calls, no texts, no nothing? Where did you even go? "

I shifted my gaze to Alyssa quickly, us both looking like we just saw a ghost. We silently argued with our eyes about who was gonna tell him.

"Um... We might've ...I don't know...drove to LA and went to a club" I mumbled out, feeling like a kid getting scolded.

"You did what!? "