Chapter 29

"Are you sure you're  ready for this?"

I gulped nervously as I turned to face him fully. I bobbed my head once, answering his question with my stomach churning in anxiety.

"Once we do this, there's no going back babe. We can try another day if you're not ready"

"I'm ready" I assured him with a deep breath. "I want to do this remember?"

He offered me a small but proud smile before retrieving the goods from the table. He handed me a glass of my own, and my stomach rumbled even more as I eyed it sceptically.

"On three okay?" His eyes danced with excitement as I gripped the glass tightly." One, two, three"  And with that, I threw my head backwards and emptied the contents of the small shot class down my throat.

I gagged when the burning sensation rose in my throat from the warm liquid. My face scrunched as the tasted diluted in my mouth, and Cameron's laughter boomed through the diner, causing heads to turn to us.

"Ugh I am never doing that again" I complained as the burning finally subsided.

"It's your list babe. You can mark off whatever you want" He shrugged while he grabbed his muffin from our dish.

"I know, but I want to do these. It's just that some of them are far too...weird" I chuckled as I glanced over my own hand writing of the crazy list I made.

"Weird is cute" He gushed in a terrible baby voice, causing my own laughter to rumble from my chest.

"You're cute"I grabbed my own muffin and proceeded to full my now liquor corrupted stomach. If this list doesn't kill me before new year, then my own stupidity will.

Every new year, people from all over the globe establish their 'New Year Resolutions'. However, I thought it would be fun to switch it up a bit by doing my own 'End of Year To-Do List', where I listed my craziest dreams and odd fantasies that I'd like to do before the year ends. There were twenty-two in all, and so far I've only done five. Cameron has been helping me with the crazy list, and he seemed to be having as much fun as me.

Number five was the hardest one yet. I had to take a strong alcoholic shot at seven in the morning on a school day. I chose Everclear 190 as my liquor, and let's just say, it wasn't my best idea. I was already light headed, and I had a long day a head of me. Who knows? Maybe I'll even throw up before making it to school.

"You okay?" Cameron asked with a hint of amusement in his voice. I knew he was enjoying this far more than I was.

"Yea just a little light headed" I mumbled. "Where did you even get that bottle? I know you didn't buy it"

"I have my ways" He smirked suggestively." But you know I'll have to drive you to school now right? You cant drive like this"

"But  my car" I whined dramatically, hitting my feet against the ground like a tantrum crazed toddler. Cameron didn't pick me up for school today like usual. Instead, we both drove our separate vehicles and met at the diner for breakfast and my  number five.

"Don't worry about the car. We can get it later okay?"

I stubbornly crossed my arms over my chest with my mouth pushed out like a baby tooth. He gazed at me with a knowing look, since we both knew exactly what I was doing.

"Jamie don't give me that face" He pleaded, already giving in. I simply huffed and looked away stubbornly.

"Jamie come on...It's your list, you knew this would've happened" He tried even harder, but I kept my act up, knowing he'd break soon.