Chapter 30

Song for Chapter:

Fight Song by Rachel Platten

***

"Wow babe, loving the blue hair"

My eyes flickered towards Cameron as he waltzed into my room, but I quickly directed them back to the mirror as I tried for the sixth time to adjust my eyeliner. I was in no mood to chit-chat, so he simply kissed my forehead before taking a seat on my bed.

After Maya and Kylie's stunt yesterday, Alyssa and I immediately left school and went straight home-my home at least. At first, we brainstormed ideas about how to deal with the situation, and after much contemplation, we finally had a plan.

First, we went to the parlor to get our hair done. The liquid that they drenched us with yesterday was definitely washable, but we wanted to make a statement that no matter what they did, they couldn't bring us down.

Hence, Alyssa dyed the ends of her hair blue, while I got blue highlights. They were temporary, but I was really liking how it matched my aura.

By now the video was all over social media, so everyone saw it. I knew some people were expecting us to fight back, while others believed we 'learnt our place' and wouldn't show our faces in the public again.

Terrible mistake.

We planned to do the very opposite of backing down, and they ought to watch their backs.

"Uh- Jamie? Are you almost done? I kinda have an exam at eight so..." He trailed, leaving me to conclude the rest. I huffed in annoyance, since he made me miss my wing yet again.

"Give me second Cameron. I have to get this perfect" I told him sharply, seemingly taking him by surprise.

He scrunched his face up in confusion as he cocked his head to the side, watching me oddly. I could see him through the mirror, but I paid him no mind. "When since do you care about makeup? I have never seen you with this much make-up..Ever"

"Are you saying I'm looking ugly?" I snapped, throwing down the pencil. His eyes widen in fear as he quickly shook hid head.

"No babe. God no. I was just-uh- I was just saying this doesn't seem like you"

"What do you expect me to do Cameron? You saw that video right? You saw how those bitches humiliated us. They are going to pay, and when it's their time to be videoed and broadcasted over the internet, I'll be looking damn good. So if you don't mind; if you have to leave then leave" I huffed as I attempted the wing for the last time.

"Wait so this is about that prank yesterday?" I rolled my eyes at his question, finally feeling achieved when the wing drew perfectly.

"Yes Cameron this is about yesterday. We are making a statement that whatever they throw at us will only make us stronger and bolder" I motioned to my hair before continuing. "And then we will show those girls who's really boss"

"When since you cared about who is boss and what people think about you?" He asked in what seemed like ridiculous genuine confusion.

I threw my hands in the air in frustration, pissed that he didn't seem to care about what happened yesterday. "Did you even see the video Cameron? You expect me to accept that?"

"No I don't Jamie" His voice held a certain sternness that had me alert. "They would've been on the recieving end of one of my fists for doing that to you if they weren't girls. But whatever you and Alyssa are planning to do will only result in an endless spiralling of pranks, stunts and embarrassment for the rest of the school year. All this wont matter when you leave, trust me"