Chapter 18

So I know I don't do characters for this book, but from the beginning when I was planning everything in my head, I always imagined Jamie's sister being Riley Voelkel lol idk why. But its just my imagination. Nothing to think about, just wanted to share.

Happy reading loves!

***

"Hello Jameila. I heard my wife was back in town"

I was lost for words.

How dare he come here and say such a thing? He had no rights to anyone or anything here, and it was time he ought to know that.

"No wife of yours is here Dan. So leave" I spat as I tried to close the door, but his feet haltered my movements.

"Come on Jamie-"

"It's Jameila to you" I cut him off swiftly.

"Jameila... " He corrected. "I just miss her. Come on just let me in"

He tried to push pass me, but I was swift in movements and completely blocked him again. I didn't even know where I got the strength from, but I'm pretty sure it was my hate for this man that pumped my adrenaline. His eyes turned to the icy cold that I knew too well, and he sketched a sickening scowl on his lips.

"Listen you little brat. You are the reason why we were even in this position, so you better move out of my way before I-"

"Before you what? " I dared. 

That seemed to have been the breaking point for the guy, and I was shocked out of my skin when he wrapped his slithery cold fingers around my neck and slammed me against the door. My hands automatically went up to his, trying to peer them from me as I gasped for air. I kicked, slapped- even poked at his eyes, but he wouldn't let go.

The world started to get hazy, and as if right on cue, I heard footsteps entering the room.

"Hey Jamie who was at the-" Nessa stopped immediately when she saw the scene in front if her, and that was when Dan loosened his grip.

His eyes were on her as she stomped over to us, and without a word she knocked him right to the ground with a punch. I stumbled to the floor when I was free from his grip in a coughing fit. Cameron emerged from the kitchen with confusion painted on his face, but one look at me and he was by my side in a flash helping me up.

"How dare you!" Nessa shouted as she threw a kick to the man's stomach. "How dare you come here and f**king hurt my sister you good for nothing son of a bitch! " She awarded him with yet another kick to his face as he tried to scramble to his feet.

"I- I didn't mean to hurt her baby-"

"DON'T YOU DARE F**KING BABY ME! " She screamed, making my ears ring.

"Wait he hurt you? " Cameron asked, as if just processing why I was a coughing mess on the floor. His eyes immediately darkened as he made a move to get up. But I quickly held onto his hand, begging him silently to stay.

Vanessa was taking care of it anyways. And as much as I would like to see him get his ass kicked by Cameron, I knew Nessa needed to do this.