Chapter 11

"All I can say is that you make me...you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful. I would rather be with you- even the you that you seem to think is diminished- than with anyone else in the world."

I read the words written by Jojo Moyes from the book I loved so much, as Alex continued to straighten my hair.

I was never good with a flat or curling iron, so Alex helped me when I wanted him to. He developed the skill of cosmetics a few years ago when he would drag me out of bed and forcefully help me get ready for school when I refused to go.

"Why do you choose to read that book so many times? And you watch the movie like everyday" Alex groaned as he dropped the hair over my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes at his comment and threw the book on my bed. "First of all, I don't watch it everyday. And second of all, 'Me Before You' is awesomePeriod"

"Yea well I'm not in for the love talk right now. I broke up with Megan" He mumbled, causing me to throw my hands over my mouth with a gasp, but I was really just covering my smile.

"Oh my gosh Alex that's awful. I'm sorry" I cooed as soon as I managed to wipe the smile from my face.

"I know you're excited Jamie" He chuckled. "I know you didn't like her"

"In my defense she didn't like me either" I attempted to defend myself. I didn't like her, but I tried to be decent since Alex liked her and that made it matter.

"I know J. But it's cool. I knew she wasn't the one"

I couldn't help but frown at that. I knew he was hurting, even though it hasn't been long. But Alex had a tendency to get attached to people quite easily. He had that kind of heart.

"Hey I don't need to go out with Alyssa tonight. I can stay in and we can watch stupid comedy or horror movies all night" I suggested as I turned to face him.

But of course, Alex felt like he would be taking me away from fun.

"Nah it's Friday night Jamie. You should go out and have some fun, don't worry about me. Now hold still I'm almost done"

I gave him a stubborn look and yanked the flat iron from his hand, almost burning myself in the process. "You're my best friend Alex. I would sacrifice a thousand nights out to cheer you up instead. "

I smiled at the grateful look in his eyes as I stood up and started stripping from my party dress. I knew he lowkey needed me here, but he wouldn't admit it. I pulled on my leggings and one of his t-shirts, before throwing my dress and shoes in the closet.

"At least let me finish that last part of your hair. You look-" He paused with a sheepish smile as I sent him a death glare. "You look great! But you would look better if that side was done"

Rolling my eyes, I decided to let him finish straightening my hair. His pet peeves are so annoying sometimes, but what can I say? I love the guy.

"Thanks for staying J. It means a lot" He whispered after a while.

"Don't mention it. You were here cheering me up when I was sulking around about Cameron"

And it was true. For the past three days, I haven't heard from Cameron after I left him at the park. I knew he needed time to think, but it was dawning on me that I maybe shouldn't have said anything.