Chapter 6

Have you ever had that moment where you just told yourself the same thing over and over, hoping that you'll believe it if you just continue?

Well it doesn't work.

I spent about an hour last night telling myself that the 'almost kiss' wasn't a big deal. Yet I somehow couldn't bring myself to believe it. But, why?

It's not like it actually happened.

But I couldn't wipe the look on his face out of my head. The way he stared at my lips and in my eyes; I couldn't get it out of my mind. It made me all tingly inside just remembering.

It wasn't the almost kiss that kept me up, it was the look on his face.

Then again, he's Cameron Riley. He's probably looked at every girl he almost kissed that way. So yet again, I was just being extra.

I squinted as the rays of sun suddenly blasted through my now opened curtains. I still had my eyes closed, but being in the dark this long made it noticeable.

I have been awake for about ten minutes and I heard when my bedroom door opened, but I made no move to open my eyes to see who got in.

"Wakey wakey Jamie"

I stiffened at the sound of Cameron's voice and I especially made an effort to act like I was sleeping.

I wasn't ready to face him just yet. Everything was still so fresh. I even thought I'd wake up and see him gone.

It was silent for a while, so I thought that he left. I wasn't sure so I opened one eye to check, but quickly closed it back when I saw him smirking at me.

"I know you're awake" He said a little too confidently. I mentally cursed.

"No you don't " My stupid mouth uttered. He laughed before plopping down on my bed and pulling my sheets off my body.

Bad idea buddy. Bad bad idea.

His eyes immediately went to my exposed stomach and legs, since I had only taken off my sweats before I went to bed. I saw his pupils dilate and my body became all tingly again.

"Eyes up here dude" I managed to say as I pulled back the covers over my legs. His eyes snapped to mine, and just like that, he was normal again. He smiled at me, looking not at all awkward or weirded out like I had been.

Yep. I was just being extra.

"Get ready. I'm taking you somewhere" He announced as if I just had to do as he said.

"It's Saturday. I have work"

"Ah-huh. Work at one in the afternoon? " He asked with that stupid smirk of his.

My eyes widened as I searched for my phone in the sheets, and they widened even more when I saw that it was indeed 1:05 pm. I jumped up and scurried to my closet, not caring that I was once again exposed to Cameron's eyes.

"Shit shit shit" I muttered when I couldn't seem to find anything from the stocks of clothes I had. Davion is so gonna have my head.

"Calm down Jamie" Cameron chuckled. "You have the day off" I ceased my movements and slowly turned around with a purple sweater in my hand as I processed his words. He had an amused look on his face with his eyes strained on my face.