Chapter 19

"If we don't stop kissing we'll never get anything done" I mumbled against his lips as he pulled me closer to him.

For the past two hours he's been stopping in the middle of helping me apply to the University of Sydney and had a couple minutes of make-out sessions with me. Not that I minded, but we still had Halloween to get ready for.

"We're almost done anyways " He replied lazily with a tug of my bottom lip. "All we have to do is submit "

"So submit! " I laughed and pushed him away. He gave me a pout, but we both knew his pouts didn't work on me.

He huffed in response and grabbed the laptop from beside him. I watched carefully as he hit the submit button, and my heart did a backflip in my chest. Doubt ate at me but there was a slight sliver of hope somewhere in the back of my mind. I never got excited for things because if they don't happen, I wouldn't feel that disappointed.

"This is ridiculous Cam. I'm never gonna get in" I sighed with a pout of my own.

Cameron didn't look impressed by my words that he has been hearing for the past hour. But what can I say?

"Get rid of that negativity Jamie. You will, trust me. I write a mean essay" He winked and I just rolled my eyes.

"You wrote that my special skills are scowling and being sarcastic " I pointed out.

"It's not a lie though "

"You're annoying " I made a move to get up but he quickly grabbed me by the waist and attacked it with tickles. I wiggled and laughed loudly, trying to break free but to no avail.

"And you're cute" He said, finally granting me peace. As much as he said that a lot, I couldn't help but blush at his compliment. He had that effect on me.

"But even if by some miracle I get in, how will this work? " I asked once I saw that the silence was leading to another make-out round. 

He looked deep in though for a few seconds before completely shaking it off. "We'll make it work don't you worry" He assured confidently, so I took his word for it.

I hopped from my bed and grabbed a bag of chips that I left on my desk. Despite the hectic day I had, from getting my own car to shopping with Nessa, to getting a new hairdo, to seeing her off at the airport, I still had a tonne of energy in me for the rest of the day. I was sorta excited to see how going to a Halloween party in something smaller than a marshmallow or pumpkin to hide my weight would feel like.

What can I say? The female in me was blooming.

"So for tonight, I was thinking that you could pick me up. You know, carpooling " I suggested as I popped a chip in my mouth.

His face morphed into realization then to a slight disappointment that got me confused. "Actually Jamie I promised Mario I would take him trick-or-treating today so I'll be a little late for the party. "

"But I wanted you to be the first to see my costume " I whined like a two year old.

"I know babe. But I still can if you wear one of those sexy trench coats over it" He smirked as he closed the distance between us and snaked his arms around me.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Or I can just wait for you. The party goes on till twelve anyways"

"No" He answered a little to fast and urgently. "No that won't be fair to you. I'll be there I promise " He added a little cooler.