Chapter 22

"Yuck" I cringed as I hurled the remaining of that sandwich in the toilet.

Gosh I hate the taste of puke on a Monday afternoon.

"Then maybe you shouldn't do it on purpose" Alyssa's voiced boomed through the tiny stall, catching me completely by surprise.

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did. Now stop talking to yourself and get out here" She said as she hit the door constantly.

"Okay okay jeesh." I mumbled, pushing my way out and washing the horrible taste from my mouth. "What are you doing here anyways? And I wasn't doing it on purpose"

"Oh yes you were" She accused. "That's the third time today. Jamie, you cant do this to yourself"

"I'm not okay? Now don't we have a cheerleading practice to get to?" I questioned as I marched towards the exit. "Gosh I never thought I'd hear myself say that"

She simply sighed then fell in sync with my short strides. She offered me a bottle of water which I happily accepted. It was the only thing I could digest anyways. After my first heaving this morning, Alyssa and Alex were convinced that I've developed a new habit with my 'binge eating episode' --purging.

Of course, it was ridiculous, but they were somehow convinced.
So Alyssa had me sit at her popular table today at lunch to 'keep me in line'. I still managed to eat what I wanted, but for some reason it didn't sit well with me when I thought about the excess food I ingested that could lead to excess weight I didn't want to regain.

So after lunch I found myself in the bathroom, just like a couple minutes ago, where Alyssa was to my rescue again with a bottle of water.

"I'm just worried about you. I hope I don't seem too pushy" she mumbled before quickly pecking my cheek.

"It's okay. I think I'm just pmsing. I wouldn't know since Camer- nevermind" I hung my head, hiding the blush that threatened to climb up my cheek.

"What?" She urged with a light chuckle.

"Nothing. It's just an odd story about how Cameron and I met. Long story short, he decided to track my period on his phone so he gave me a heads up last month about it. It's stupid and cringey I know."

"No it's not." She giggled with a bounce to my shoulders. "Every couple has their thing and I personally think it's cute"

"Well we aren't so much together anymore so I can throw that 'thing' away now"

I quickly dodged what she was about to say and rushed into the gym with my stomach churning again at the thought of him and sadness crept up my neck.

Cheerleaders were spread all over the gym, some stretching, some practicing the routine and some just talking. A few of them caught my eye and seemed surprised to see me, and I wondered again why I agreed to do this.

"Okay listen up ladies!"Alyssa bellowed, all kindness gone from her voice." This is Jamie, she'll be joining us from now on"

"Why?" A short brunette asked with a disapproving scowl etched on her face.

Alyssa raised a perfectly arched eyebrow at her as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Because, Britney, for the first time in years we are going to win this cheer rally, and she is going to help. So if you got a problem with that you know where the exit is"