Chapter 27

"Ugh my back" I groaned loudly as I threw my books in the lockers with a roll of my shoulders. I have been having the worst back ache since morning, and I blamed it on the humongous books I had to carry on a Monday.

Who doesn't hate Mondays?

Despite the wonderful weekend I've had with Cameron just catching up and making up, nothing could've prepared me for this wretched day. It was only half way through the day, and the only thing that could give me a little joy was my date with Cameron later today.

Since the cheer rally was over, the only day we will have cheer rehearsal is on Fridays. I also asked Davion for the day off even though I hadn't told him about me and Cameron as yet.

I actually haven't told anyone but Alex, and that's only because I live at his apartment where Cameron randomly shows up to when Alex is home. I wasn't keeping it a secret, but I'd like to be sure about myself before I broadcast it to the world again.

We'll just have these few weeks to get back to where we were before the break up, and so we will be a hundred percent sure about everything before social media knows again. It was sorta a silent agreement.

"Heyyyy chica!" A voice I knew too well bellowed from behind me. A smile took over my lips as I spun on my heels to greet her.

Before I could blink, she was tackling me in a bear hug with no space to breathe. I hadn't seen her all morning since I was late and we had no morning classes together. But now it was lunch so I knew I'd bump into her sooner or later.

"I haven't heard from you all weekend. I thought you were dead or something" She drawled dramatically as I just rolled my eyes.

"Yes I know, I'm sorry. I was with-"

"Oh mi palabra Jamie! Your neck is-" I quickly threw my hand over her mouth with wide eyes as I used the other to readjust my scarf. Her eyes danced with amusement and excitement, and mine squinted in slits, silently telling her to keep hush.

"I'm going to remove my hand and you are going to keep your mouth closed okay Alyssa?" I warned lowly, my yes darting around the hallways to see who was present. She nodded slowly in understanding; but the minute I removed my hand, I had to clamp it back there again when she started screaming.

"Ow!"I exclaimed as I yanked my hand away. I eyed her in disbelief as she just smiled innocently at me.

"You bit me!" I accused, at which she just laughed.

"Your hand smells like strawberry cake and I'm hungry" She shrugged casually. I simply threw her a unimpressed look as I massaged my palm.

I started off towards the cafeteria as my belly cried for food, and she fell in line with my strides as we walked at a steady pace.

"Sooooo..." She trailed, skipping to move in front of me as she walked backwards. "You and Davion hit it off huh?"

I blushed slightly under her questioning eyes. "It was Cameron actually. We are sorta back together"

"Really!" She squealed, jumping up and down and clapping her hands together. "I knew you guys would've found your way back to each other! Cameila is back baby!" She gushed with her hand against her heart. But just as fast, her face fell in offence.