Chapter 1

"You need to get laid"

I rolled my eyes at my bestfriend's remark and continued to ignore him as he leaned against my doorway.

"You know, my door was closed for a reason" I said as I finally looked up from my laptop screen.

"Come on Jamie you can't be moping in your room forever. You're 18!" He plopped down beside me, grabbing my laptop from my hand in the process.

I threw him a deadly look while he just beamed at me like a kid. He had a tendency to do that when he was being annoying. He knew he was being annoying too, which just made it even more annoying.

I couldn't hold my intense stare any longer, but I wasn't about to let him see me smile back, so I kicked him off the bed. Hard.

He landed with a loud thud and I heard a groan of pain coming from him. This made me laugh really loudly, but he, for once, wasn't amused.

"If you are done with your daily abuse, I suggest you go find something to wear. We're going to a party later" He said as waltzed to the door, as if he didn't just dictate how my Friday night was being spent.

"I don't want to go to a party Alex" I whined. "And you know how my clothes situation is already " I tried to get out of this, but his face told me otherwise.

You see, Alex was in his second year of college, while I was just a mere senior in highschool. He would bring me to some frat parties now and then, but sometimes I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

"You've been shopping all summer and I ensured you bought enough clothes, so don't give me that bull" He stated in a stern tone while I groaned in response.

"So find something nice to put on that sexy ass of yours and be ready by eight" He sent me his signature wink which I responded to by throwing a pillow at him, but he dodged it just in time.

"Cant I just sleep with you!? " I whined when he reached the door.

"As much as I wouldn't mind, you know the rules" He simply stated as he left.

Groaning, I pulled myself off the bed and to my closet to choose an outfit. As much as I wasn't too fond of this party, I couldn't help the excitement I felt knowing I'll be wearing a new outfit tonight.

I had lost a lot of weight since summer started, so I had to change my whole wardrobe- courtesy of Alex. I smiled as I pulled out a light pink romper, remembering the day I bought it.

Alex dragged me to the mall that day when he noticed all my clothes were falling off me. Of Course, I'd protested but he made me spend a whole day shopping.

I couldn't have ever afforded even half of what he bought me, seeing that I only worked a part time job at a local library, but Alex took care of it.

He always did.

Sometimes I wondered how I managed to get so lucky when I met him because if I was being honest, I don't know where I'd be without him.

We met in a sweet way actually. I was a freshman and he was a junior, and I was waiting for my sister to pick me up from the hell hole of a school. I waited for hours, it got late and the school got locked up. I could've taken the bus, but I had no money, no friends and it was too long a walk.