Chapter 15

Dresses.

I never preferred them, but when I really got dolled up in one, I always felt elite.

Today was my 'date' with Cameron, and I was a nervous wreck. I had no idea where he was taking me, but all he told me was to dress semi-formal, so I assumed he was taking me to a restaurant or something.

Maybe it was the opera, maybe it was someone's dinner party but whatever it is, I had to admit that despite my nerves, I was surprisingly excited.

Alyssa and Alex helped me get ready. Well they basically did everything.

Alex used his male judgment to pick out a blue chiffon skater dress that hugged my bodice and flowed from my waist to my lower thigh. Alyssa curled my hair delightfully and applied a light ravishing layer of makeup to my face.

I wasn't the heels type of girl, but I surely didn't mind them; so I wore my silver stilettoes to match the rimestones around the waist of the dress.

All in all, I think I looked pretty decent. The blue eye-shadow surprisingly brought out the amber colour of my eyes, and if I had confidence issues any other day, I wouldn't today.

I waited in the living room patiently since it was 6:20 and Cameron told me that he would pick me up by 6:30.

I waited a whole ten minutes as I anticipated his arrival. Alyssa and Alex were chilling in the kitchen eating dinner, so they couldn't have seen how uneasy I was.

It's just a date Jamie. Not a big deal.

But indeed it was.

I waited another ten minutes and my feet began to hurt. My heart did too.

He was ten minutes late and even after the millionth time that I checked my phone, there was still nothing from him. Another ten minutes passed, then another and I officially gave up and joined my friends in the kitchen.

It was obvious that they felt bad for me, and Alex would have that 'I'm gonna kill him' look on his face when he thought I wasn't looking.

I wasn't crying or upset, just really disappointed. I knew anything could've happened, but a warning or apology message would've been nice.

"So I was thinking, for Halloween this year we could go as ladybugs" Alyssa said excitedly while I rolled my eyes.

"Ladybugs. Really?" I cocked an eyebrow at her in questioning but I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yea I found this really cute couples outfit online. But you would have to be the male ladybug though" She giggled with a guilty look on her face.

"I don't even know if I'm going" I told her. "Maybe you should go with Alex instead. I'm sure he'd be a handsome ladybug" I smirked as they both reddened like a tomato.

I knew they had a thing for each other--Alyssa's from sophomore year and Alex's is quite recently, but they wouldn't admit it.

She tucked away her jet back hair and looked away shyly with her hands intertwined behind her back. "I mean, if you're fine with it. But you don't have to. The ladybug thing is kinda stupid we don't even have to go together. You don't even go to our school anymore so-"