Chapter 9

"Jamie just answer the phone" Alex pleaded for the hundredth time but I wasn't having it.

"No" I stubbornly crossed my arms over my chest as the phone went off beside me again.

I refused to answer his calls or texts for the past three days. I wasn't normally the stubborn type, but he really hurt my feelings. I knew that he was probably worried as hell and I should've called, but his reaction could've been different. It showed me another part of him that I didn't know about.

"Jamie I hated the way he talked to you, but-"

"But nothing Alex. I was wrong but he was too"

"And he knows that. That's what he's trying to fix" He tried to convince me as my phone went off again.

"Why are you sticking up for him? When since are you guys besties?" I snapped unintentionally. His chest rose as he pulled on his hair, and I knew his patience was running thin.

"I'm not doing it for him. I'm doing it for you Jameila! Yea he f**ked up, everybody does. But you cant push away someone who obviously cares about you, just because you're afraid of letting people in."

I knew he was serious when he used my real name, and the fact that he cursed. I sighed as the phone went off yet another time with a text, and Alex just eyed it before he walked off to the kitchen.

I eyed the paper beside me that I have been trying to finish for school, but I haven't even written half a page. My mind was too cloudy and distracted to come up with something sensible to put on the paper.

I sighed again, knowing what was hindering my process as I glanced at the phone one more time. Alex was right. I was afraid to let Cameron in. I thought I could, but after what happened on Saturday, I wasn't sure what to expect anymore.

It brought back too many memories.

I also knew that I couldn't ignore him forever, and if I was being honest, I don't want to either. I picked up the phone and scrolled through the messages he sent me over the days. A frown took over my lips as a pang of guilt jerked me for ignoring him this long.

I took one last glance at the direction that Alex went in, and pressed the call button. He picked up at the second ring.

"Jamie?"

"Yah it's me. Um-can we-um..talk?" I asked, feeling nervous for some reason.

"Yes of course. I've been wanting to talk to you for a while now too. Jamie, I'm so sorry for how I acted. I don't know what came over me" He sounded genuinely sorry, and every speck of anger vanished immediately.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. I should've told you where I went"

"You don't have to be sorry about anything" He whispered sincerely. "You were obviously upset about something. I should've talked to you about it instead of acting like a mad man. " I bit my lip at the thought of it all. Do I even want to tell him the real reason why I ran?

"You there?" He asked after I didn't respond.

"Yea I'm here. And um-Cam?"

"Yea?"

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut as I thought about all the possible ways this could end. "Can we talk in person?"