Chapter 31: Hungry Demons

Merry Christmas!!! or HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

~ Ms. Loba

~After their sweet moment outside in the hall, Bill left to his king duties while Dipper decided to hang out in the dungeon. One of the humans asked Dipper for a lounge area so he asked Amy to help magically summon couches and bean bags for them to just hang out together when they weren't in their rooms.

Moddey very much liked the soft fluffy carpet and wouldn't stop rolling around in it which did make some laugh at the sight. Dipper couldn't blame that most of them were still afraid of the big beast and the demon child, but they weren't as scared since Dipper looks calm when around them. Moddey even at one point laid his head down on Dipper's lap to get some scratches behind his ear, acting like a regular big giant dog.

Amy was trying to start conversations with the human Exorcists since she's a curious child. She would ask questions about their lives and wonder about the different things humans do. It was clear they all wanted to go home and Dipper promised he would get them home safe and sound but it might take time. They were happy to hear such news but didn't hope too much for it.

"How did you get on friendly terms with Bill Cipher?" someone asked which made the others stir a little. They were curious as well.

Dipper looked around the crowd, seeing that the attention was suddenly on him. "Well uh- it's actually a complicated story..." Amy and Moddey snorted and Dipper quickly glared at the two. "I don't think it's worth telling,"

"But we have time to hear." Another pointed out.

Dipper gulped, "Do we?"

"Yeah....?"

More silence came from Dipper as he tried to think of something that doesn't fall on the topic of him knowing Bill when he was 12 years old and getting his memories taken only to get some of them back and is now dating the demon king. "....Do we really?" He repeated, laughing a little but it mostly sounded like a cry for help.

Moddey and Amy looked at each other with mischievous expressions before looking back at Dipper, not showing any signs of helping him out from his funny situation.

Before Dipper could continue putting himself into a deeper hole, the sound of heavy footsteps could be heard. The louder they got, the more the ground shaked and soon enough the doors burst open, the doors even broke off the hinges, falling onto the ground with a loud thud.

Two familiar demons stood at the entrance of the dungeon, both not looking too happy. Moddey was quick to stand on his feet, growling at the two as the fur on his back stood up aggressively. Dipper too got up, recognizing the two as the demons that had tried to eat him back at Exonemesis.

"Teeth, 8-ball," Moddey growled, giving names to the familiar faces for Dipper. Well, just one face, Teeth is just teeth with arms and legs. "What are you two doing?"

"We want food!" 8-ball yelled angrily. Dipper stood in front of the group of very scared humans who cornered themselves against the wall. Amy was also hiding behind Dipper, holding tightly to the back of his clothes. She knew her powers are nothing compared to theirs.

"Yeah, how dare that little human take away our delicious meals!" Teeth too yelled angrily. Even without a face, it was clear he had his sights set on Dipper, but when the two tried to take a step forward, Moddey's growls grew louder.

"You know Bill's rules, you dare try and test your king?" Moddey growled.

"Our king soft, no more boss." 8-ball tried to explain with his broken English.