Chapter 15: A Very Petty Demon

~"No!" Grunckle Stan snapped at Headmaster Daniel who was standing outside of the Mystery Shack very early in the morning.

Headmaster Daniel was holding back his frustration, biting down his bottom lip before talking again. "Please, Stan. I just need to ask her. It's a once in a lifetime chance to be part of my plan-"

"To hell with your plan!" Grunckle Stan snapped back. "She's still grieving. Mabel could hear you out once she's better, but for the time being, please fuck off!" He tried to slam the door back but Headmaster Daniel wasn't about ready to give up.

"The loss of Dipper is even more reason why she should join my group of Exorcists! She would want revenge!"

"No! Think about her mental health for god's sake! And Dipper is still alive you bastard!" The two continued to struggle until Mabel stepped down the stairs, staring at the two confusedly.

"What is going on?" Mabel asked.

Grunckle Stan turned towards Mabel, right away noticing the bags under her eyes. Mabel wasn't sleeping well and it worried him. Headmaster Daniel took the chance of Grunckle Stan's distraction to push the door again and force his way into the Shack.

"Good morning Mabel." Headmaster Daniel said with a bright smile. Grunkle Stan was beginning to see something more to those innocent smiles he hadn't noticed before. His gut feeling was warning him but he himself wasn't in a great mind set either so he only glared at the old man next to him.

"Mabel you don't have to listen to anything he has to say or ask. You look very tired, you should get some more rest-"

"Mabel I have very good news for you. My plan to finally take down Bill Cipher is ready and my group would be very happy to recruit you into it." Headmaster Daniel interrupted Grunkle Stan. Stan was not at all pleased with this situation.

Mabel wasn't sure what to say. The whole plan thing that Dipper was working so hard to be part of for months in Exonemesis was just handed to her. "Why are you asking me to join?"

Headmaster Daniel puts his hands together, making sure to keep his kind smile, but Grunkle Stan noticed his eyes weren't smiling too. "Because Mabel, I believe it's what your brother would have wanted. He was a very hard worker and I'm very devastated that he is no longer here to help me. I believe you would want revenge and if he is alive then you can help me recuse him and all the other humans that are possibly up there with Bill Cipher." he explained to his best of his ability. Trying hard to convince Mabel to join. "What do you say?"

Mabel looked a little overwhelmed so Grunkle Stan quickly stepped in. "If you don't want to do it, it's okay to say no to this-"

"I want to do it!" Mabel quickly said while still fidgeting with the bottom of her sweater. "I-I want to save Dipper. I want to bring him home..."

Grunkle Stan looked at her with sad eyes. This was not at all healthy for her mind and what if Dipper wasn't alive? This would break her. But he did not say anything anymore. For he was at lost for words.

Headmaster Daniel, on the other hand, his smile grew wider and his eyes finally did match his expression. "Fantastic!" He clapped his hands together and began to make his way out of the Shack. "I want you to come to Exonemesis tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see you there." And just like that, he was gone.

Grunkle Stan closed the door and looked towards Mabel who wasn't well at all. "It's not too late to say no-"

"I'm going to my room!" Mabel said with a forced smile and quickly made her way up the stairs. Not wanting to talk about it or how she really felt about it.