Chapter 33: The Sad Truth

Some of yall know that I have a second book called "The Girl Who Wears the Flower Crown", and I'm sure those who read it had noticed that I haven't updated in awhile, and the reason for that is because I had no motivation until now, because I just got an idea for it. So I may or may not be rewriting it... LOL

~Ms. Loba

~Dipper was quick to be Amy's shield, knowing the child demon wouldn't be able to defend herself or even escape without her magic. "What do you two want?"

"We just want to have a personal talk with our king's lover." Lava Lamps says with a bitter tone.

"Yeah, what's so special about you; a human, that our king is willing to protect." Amorphous also adds to the tension, the clear expression of hatred in their eyes as they took slow steps towards them. Dipper could even sense the malicious intent so he made sure to keep a good distance between them, taking big steps back.

"Bill will be very furious if either of us got hurt," Dipper warned but it didn't seem to have made the two very sinister-looking demons stop getting closer. Dipper tried to quickly mutter words to move a vase so they could make a run for it but it wasn't working. Neither was Amy's ability to float.

"You know Dipper, we don't like you. No human should have the right to sit next to our king on his throne,"

"Or have the right to attend our meetings."

Dipper wasn't sure what to do. He didn't even know what these demons were capable of or even how they were able to completely stop all use of magic to only specifically them. Either way, Dipper knew he couldn't just ask them, so there is no point in standing around doing nothing. He was getting too desperate, so the next step they took, Dipper picked up Amy and ran for it.

Dipper knew Amy wouldn't keep up with him which is why he's carrying the demon child, running towards the direction of the library. "Bill!" Dipper called, hoping he would appear like last time, but he never appeared. The demons had already thought of that. "Terrible timing," Dipper muttered, making his way into the library and quickly shutting the doors behind him, seeing only a glance of the demons who were chasing them.

"Why are we here again?" Amy asked once she was on the floor again, watching Dipper as he pushed a desk up against the door.

"We're going to have to hide," Dipper said, adding chairs to the pile. "Bill can't hear me and I'm guessing the reason for that is Amorphous. If we take him out, we'll be able to contact Bill again."

"But even if you hide they'll still be able to sense you. You don't know how to disguise your aura yet." Amy said with a worried tone, thinking there is no way they're going to make it out of this one. "Oh no, we're going to die, never thought this was how I'm going to go out. By a lava lamp and colorful shapes!"

Dipper struggles to try to push a couch up against the door, trying his best to hold it so they don't get in. "I thought you were the optimistic one!" Dipper cussed under his breath as the demons began to force their way in.

"When have I ever been op-tim-is-tic!" Amy yelled back, not being able to pronounce the word well.

Dipper pressed his back against the pile, trying to hold it up but he slowly began to slide down to the floor. "Just go hide!"

"What!? No!" Amy testified. "I won't leave you to die!"

Dipper frowns, "I'm not going to die, Amy!" Amy didn't seem to believe his words, "You go hide while I lead them somewhere else. If they can't sense you then you're going to be my secret weapon. Now go!"