Chapter 9: A Broken Promise

Here's a early update because I felt like being nice :3. You all had waited for almost two months for this! I'm sorry but not sorry. I have a lot to tell and show in each chapter with secrets and mysteries because I want it to be similar to the actual show. You will see in my future fanfics that I usually do that and that's why they take a while to write lol. Anyway hope you enjoy Bill and Dipper, finally going to interact with one another face to face ;)

~ Ms. Loba

~"Oh dear, what are we gonna do, Headmaster Daniel?" Gideon asked, clearly panicking. The two were in the headmaster's office and for some reason, Headmaster Daniel looked to be rather calmed for a man who's getting hunted down by none other than Bill Cipher himself.

Headmaster Daniel was packing books and certain objects into a bag, "Gideon, you would do anything for me right?" He asked with a rather chilling type tone.

Gideon's heart dropped, "Of course." he replied with a low and shaking tone. He hoped the hesitation in his voice was not noticeable. "Even the whole school would do anything for you."

Headmaster Daniel liked the answer that the edges of his lip twitched into a grin. "Good." was all he replied with and he opened his secret tunnel hidden behind his wall. "Do this favor for me, Gideon." Gideon was silent and very nervous about what he would ask of him. That's when Headmaster Daniel finally looked up. "If Dipper comes looking for me, tell him that I must stay here for the school. That the headmaster will stay strong for Exonemesis to stay strong and I'm not afraid to die for this place."

Gideon right away nods even if he didn't understand the reason behind his order. "But, what if he comes to save you?"

"Just make sure he doesn't walk into this office, and I guess you can tell him something like the school is your hands now or I trust that he'll save the students. Whatever gets him to not walk in here."

Gideon gulps the big lump in his throat, "Y-you can count on me."

"Now then, I'll be in my second office." Headmaster Daniel threw his bag over his shoulder and headed into the secret entrance. "Good luck, Gideon. Hopefully, you don't die." He chuckled before waving goodbye at the very terrified Gideon and the door behind him closes, making it seem like there was no door there, to begin with.

Gideon gulps again, feeling his nerves rising but knows he can't defy Headmaster Daniel. He rushes out of the office to try and find Dipper but is surprised to see students rushing around trying their best to collect all the holy water from the fountains. Some students tried to get into the office of the headmaster but Gideon made up some lie to prevent them from walking in. He knew he wouldn't be able to find Dipper if students would walk into the office thinking that the headmaster was in there, so he was stuck at his spot, guarding it.

Dipper on the other hand was mixing the regular water from the sprinklers of Exonemesis with holy water while his friends helped him. He was trying his best to work fast knowing very well that the shield was already about to break.

"You think this is going to work?" Pacifica asked who clearly wasn't helping but pointing her finger around to let other students know where to place the water. Dipper only rolls his eyes rather than answering.

Mabel tried to drag a gallon of regular water but it tipped over and spilled all over the floor and on Pacifica. Pacifica was not happy with it but her glare softened when Mabel started to laugh. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she says while covering her mouth with her hands to try and hold her giggles.

Pacifica looks away, crossing her arms to show she wasn't pleased, "You are so clumsy." she muttered.

Dipper then drops down from the ceiling, "Alright, tell everyone to head to the back of the school. I'll signal when to bolt out from the door and into the woods. When in the woods you all can head straight to town and in the safety of your homes. Bill can't remember all of your faces."