Chapter 19: Journal 2 / Part 1

I'm sorry again, I kinda just scanned the page, not editing it in great detail because I was playing Among Us... (I have a quick drawing that I wasn't able to finish on time, I'll upload it onto this chapter later tonight)

~ Ms. Loba

~ Dipper was 12 years old again and looking through the fridge, packing snacks, and different types of food into a picnic basket he managed to find in the shack. He even found a plate of leftover eggs and bacon. Maybe Bill's flames could help heat it? -Dipper thought and shrugged as he put the plate into the basket as well. As Dipper closed the fridge and turned around to head out, Mabel was right behind him causing him to flinch, even a small scream left his lips.

"Dipper why are you packing so much food? There's going to be plenty at today's party." Mabel giggled.

Dipper straightened himself up, "I already told you I have plans today. I'm going to have a private picnic with myself."

Mabel frowns, "A private picnic? With all that food?" she asked while pointing at the basket. She looked concerned for her brother's health if he was planning to eat all that food in one sitting. Dipper only nods, not being able to come up with a better lie. "Are you okay? You've been disappearing for a whole day these past few weeks. Where have you been off to and why aren't you telling me?"

"I'm okay, Mabel," Dipper said, but when he raised his head, he couldn't make eye contact with his sister. Worried she could see through his lie. "You know, I've just been exploring stuff. You know me, curious Dipper." He forced a nervous laugh.

Mabel still wasn't convinced, "Yeah, but we always go exploring together, because we're the mystery twins."

"Yeah, I know and I'm sorry. I promise to make this up to you once I'm back okay?" Dipper was looking back at Mabel who nodded sadly. "Hey," Dipper called as he rested a hand on her shoulder, "I said I promise, now go have some fun without me for a change."

"Oh, I will have way more fun than you." Mabel pouted with her cross arms, following Dipper as he walked out.

"I'm sure you will!" Dipper yelled, laughing as he closed the door. He could still hear Mabel's laugh from the other side of the door.

Dipper shook his head, making a mental note to spend more time with her tomorrow. He then walked into the woods and going down that steep dirt slide into the Silent Woods. Dipper managed to make little dirt stairs so it's easier for him to go back up. Dipper then walked down the same long path he did the first time and once he was back in the big circle like vines, he went through the very small narrow tunnel into the place. The inside was already lit up with blue flames since not much light fills the place.

"Bill!" Dipper yelled, "I brought breakfast!" Bill didn't answer which was normal since he rested deeper in his dome where his supposed bed was, which was only a hole carved into a tree. He's still probably resting there so Dipper plans to go wake him once he has finished setting up their picnic.

Dipper got to work by taking out a blanket and putting it over the overgrown grass and placing rocks on each corner so it doesn't move much before placing the picnic basket down. Once satisfied, Dipper walked over to where Bill would be hiding, and when he peeked inside the tree there was Bill. Bill's eyes were closed and his breathing was steady as he uncomfortably slept. Dipper wondered how someone could sleep while sitting up, with knees to your chest inside such a cramp space. Dipper did bring him a pillow and blanket an awhile back so he wouldn't feel so uncomfortable but he's still working on fixing him a bed so he's able to sleep laying down.