Chapter 3: Crush vs. Admire

Planning on drawing a cover page for each chapter from now on. Hopefully, you all like them :3.

~ Ms. Loba

~"Finally the day is over!" Grenda yawned. Grenda and Candy were walking on the same path as the Pine twins since their homes were in the same direction. "Most of my teachers were just talking and talking, when do you think we will be able to crush some demon skulls?" 

Candy pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose before answering, "I doubt they will allow any form of demons or hellhounds on the school campus." 

Dipper nodded, "It would be a stupid thing to do since demons and hellhounds could talk to Bill through telepathy. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill himself would be able to track his own kind."

"Aw..." Grenda whined but Dipper thought it sounded weird since her voice was rather deep.

"Don't worry Grenda, you can just use Dipper as your practice dummy." Mabel joked and tried her best to ignore Dipper's glare. "Anyways, did you two see any cute guys?" She raised her brow mostly at Candy who quickly looked away.

"What a strange way to change the subject." Candy commented.

"Well, all day you've been crushing on Dipper," Mabel ignored Candy's flushed cheeks. "Dipper has been crushing on Wendy, and not to mention Gideon has been crushing on me. And it's only been the first day!"

"You shouldn't expose Candy's personal information like that," Dipper muttered, rather annoyed that Mabel brought up his love life as well.

"Calm down, it's not like you didn't know already." Mabel pointed out to which Dipper nodded but still muttered under his breath about how annoying his sister could be. It was a long time ago when Candy had confessed to him and he kindly rejected her. The two still talk and hang out like normal so he doesn't mention it. "I think our love lives are pretty crazy." She laughed.

"I don't have a love life!" Grenda cried out to which Candy acted quickly to comfort her.

"Well, it must be tough always having to run away from Gideon." Dipper snickered.

"It is tough!" Mabel screamed, outraged. "Why can't a nice weird quirky person be chasing me around?!" She sighed loudly. It wasn't a while ago when Mabel came out as a pansexual. She came out when they were around 12 almost 13. But it wasn't a big deal since everyone either didn't really care and only a small few were surprised. Mabel always had lots of love to give, it makes sense that something such as gender wouldn't matter to her. "It's always the crazy little boys that like me. Am I really that irresistible?"

"No, it definitely isn't because of that," Dipper stated rather bluntly to which Mabel gasped, offended but right away Mabel began to rant about the most random things. She is a very bubbly person so she rarely ever held grudges.

They headed through the trees that led back to the main town. They stood right outside the forest that was forbidden for anyone to enter, they looked into the forest, terrified and wary. Dipper noticed how much darker it was in that part of the woods compared to the rest of the forest and how the trees' leaves were too thick to allow any sunlight in, showcasing the forest in the complete utter darkness. Rumors say that's where the hellhounds would go to rest during the day before coming out at night. It was also known as 'The Silent Woods'  since no living creature dared enter such a grim, eerie place, making it eerily dead silent.

Unlike the other town folks, Dipper wasn't afraid of The Silent Woods. He never got chills or felt fear whenever he came close to it. There were times he was curious enough to dare to explore the forest but Mabel always stopped him.