Chapter 2: A History Lesson

~The teachers brought their students into the practice arena where there were chairs set up in front of a small stage where Gideon stood. Mabel cringed at the sight of him, Dipper chuckled as he took in the view. Gideon frantically waved at Mabel, trying to catch her attention, she had her head turned away, pretending as if she didn't know him.

"Mabel! Dipper!" Grenda called out to them, grabbing their attention. Grenda and Candy were sitting down in one of the many seats, Dipper noticed they had saved two seats beside them. But the third person that also sat in their row was what caught his eye.

Wendy.

She was sitting there talking to her boyfriend Robbie before she turned her head and noticed him, she smiled sweetly at Dipper making him flush red instantly. She waved to him, to which Dipper quickly waved back. Wendy was a little set back at Dipper's weird smile and eager wave. She laughed nervously before turning her attention back to Robbie. Dipper quickly put his hand down, wishing he could bury himself in a hole.

While Dipper was dying of embarrassment, Mabel sighed and grabbed his arm, dragging him to the seats that her friends saved for them. Dipper was forced to sit next to Wendy and he could only awkwardly laugh when she turned her head towards him.

"So Dipper, how are you liking the school so far?" Wendy asked, turning her body towards him.

"I-I think it's cool," Dipper replied. He wasn't sure of what to do so he began to rub the side of his arm. "How do you like school? I-I mean do you like the school?"

"Uh-" Wendy frowned confused but gave a reassuring smile at Dipper's stuttering. "I've been going here for 2 years."

"Oh-" Dipper's face somehow turned even redder than it already was. "Oh right, sorry." He muttered. Maybe he should try and keep his mouth closed if he didn't want to say anything stupid.

Wendy studied his face before bursting out laughing and giving him a light punch in the arm. "It's alright, Dipper. Nothing to be embarrassed about."

Dipper laughed along awkwardly since he didn't find it funny himself. He felt like he had only made a fool of himself in front of the girl he likes. "So, you must know how to use magic?"

"Yeah, only the basics. I'm not really here to become an Exorcist. I only want to be able to defend my home from those stupid hellhounds that wander about the town." Wendy explained as Dipper listened silently. "What about you? Why did you decide to attend this place?"

"Well," Dipper looked over at Mabel who was distracted talking to her friends. He then looked down at his fidgeting hands. "I want to become one of the greatest Exorcists."

He expected Wendy to laugh just like everyone else did when he shared his dream. For the longest time, the other boys would bully him about it, but to his surprise she didn't. There was only silence. He looked up to see Wendy only sitting there, listening to him. It gave him a bit of confidence to sit up straighter.

"I know it sounds like a crazy dream but I want to be as strong as Headmaster Daniel and go up against Bill Cipher himself. I want to be the one to get revenge for my great uncle Ford for Grunkle Stan." Wendy could see the passion in his eyes which made her a bit impressed. She smirked at his determination.

"Well if you do end up killing the bastard, I would definitely brag to the whole town that I'm friends with you." Wendy joked with her laid back tone. She leaned back in her chair to relax.

Dipper smiled widely, feeling the pride of his dreams growing more. He always liked how kind Wendy was to him. It was rare for people as cool as Wendy is to actually be friends with him. Even if she might be older than him, he had a huge crush on her for as long as he could remember. Well, actually he can't remember. When he tries to, it feels a bit blurry. Then that headache started again.