Chapter 27: First Date Ruined

~ It was another regular morning in Gravity Falls, barely any sunshine outside with a very dark orange sky covering the whole town. Mabel was walking down the empty streets wearing an exorcist uniform and brown bag over her shoulder. She clenches the bag's strap, feeling nervous. She has messed up, she regrets ever signing the contract. Mabel never expected Headmaster Daniel to put a spell on it, let alone a painful one at that. Good people don't cause pain to others so why would he do such a thing?

Mabel walked behind a building and stood there, staring blankly at the wall. She was afraid, afraid to go back to that horrible place but she has to do everything Headmaster Daniel tells her. So with shaking hands, she whispers a spell and a hidden door reveals itself. As it opened slowly, behind it was a dark tunnel with torches lit up. Mabel had to take a deep breath to calm herself, trying to convince herself to walk in. Once she entered, the door sealed behind her. Turning into nothing but a normal looking wall.

The tunnels were long and the deeper she went the more Exorcists wearing the same clothes as she walked through. She blended in with the rest. Everyone took a seat in a dark lit room that was filled with chairs facing towards the front where Headmaster Daniel stood at the stand. The flames from the tortures bound around the walls, not giving much light caused the old man to look so sinister and evil. It sent shivers through Mabel's body as she tried her best to not look into his eyes. She even dropped her sights to the ground.

"Welcome everyone." Headmaster Danial spoke, his eyes lacked emotion as he looked through papers that were sat in front of him on the stand. "We will start with me revealing the date."

Mabel's eyes widened. She has been waiting for this moment. To finally see if her twin brother is alive or dead. The day she will either rescue him or avenge his death.

Daniel licked his old dry lips before breaking into a grin, "We will attack Bill's home on the 31st of March, within that time we will be training our hardest since this plan can not have any flaws if we want everyone to make it out alive." More than a month, It was sooner than what Mabel expected, but still, she did not mind. The sooner the better. Daniel had been pushing her hard these past few days, making sure she mastered as many spells. Her body aches from how sore it is from learning so much magic in a short time. "We have been reviewing this plan for many years now and finally it is ready to be set in motion. But I have decided that I won't be bringing all of you with me to the pyramid in the sky. Most of you will have to be down here preparing the cells."

Mabel felt her nerves rise as Daniel began to read a list of names that will be joining him on the dangerous trip to Bill's home. She listened closely, every name, but her heart sank when Daniel stopped. He still hasn't said her name. Didn't Daniel promise her she would be able to save her brother? How is she supposed to do that when she's here?

"That will be all, now start going back to your work. The people I had called, please stay sitting down." Daniel said and everyone began heading to where they're supposed to go, but not Mabel. She continued to sit in her seat, ready to be stubborn if she has to. Daniel was about to start explaining but stopped when his eyes caught Mabel's. "Mabel Pines, I do not remember saying your name." His voice was cold and stern.

Mabel knew she was afraid of him but she wasn't gonna let Dipper down. She has to be the one to see if he's okay with her own eyes. She knew her grief wouldn't allow her to let this go until she knew for a fact Dipper is dead. She rose from her chair, "I want to join you."

"You can not." Daniel was quick to say. Not even a second thought or showed guilt that he had broken their agreement.

"I want to save my brother." She justified, "I need to know if he's okay."