Chapter 40: Almost Like a Family?

~After the "quick" shower Dipper and Bill shared, they got dressed in their fancy attire and headed to the throne room, being greeted the same, but something was different this time. As Dipper's eyes scanned the room he noticed the guest weren't only demons, but also... humans?

Dipper watched with a confused expression as the human prisoners from the dungeon wore fancy clothing and socialized. Of course, they were only staying at one side of the room where only humans seemed to be but at least they were in a room with demons and not killing one another. "Who invited the others?" Dipper asked, looking over at Bill who also was confused.

"Well, don't look at me," Bill stated. The two walked through the crowd and Dipper awkwardly waved at the humans who greeted him and did the same when demons would bow their heads a little to show respect. He was still not used to the attention, "Perhaps stop waving..." Bill stopped in his steps and quickly stepped in front of Dipper. Dipper was confused until he peeked from Bill's side and noticed the three familiar demons that almost killed him today. "What are you three doing here?" He said, continuing to shield Dipper as the three began making their way towards them.

"We aren't here to hurt Dipper." Keyhole quickly said.

"We came to apologize," Kryptos said with a shaky voice. "We are sorry for almost killing Dipper. Before we thought he was just a weak human who has nothing to give towards us demons."

Keyhole nods, "But now we see that Dipper is a braver human than we ever thought. Even cool!"

Hectorgon takes a brave step forward, "You two will be a happy couple and we accept your guy's relationship now. We hope we could be forgiven so that's why we went to befriend the prisoners here and invited them to the party in hopes for them to feel less like prisoners and more like guests, just like Dipper suggested at the meeting."

Dipper smiled widely, feeling rather impressed that these demons managed to befriend Exorcists in less than a day. Even convincing a crowd full of demons to not kill them. He looks around happily as he sees even humans dancing and enjoying themselves. It makes Dipper feel less weird about being the only human in the room.

Bill noticed the joy on Dipper's face as he scanned the room. It made him smile too, enjoying the brightness of pure happiness on Dipper's expression. So he faced the three demons with a smirk on his face, "I'll forgive you three if my Pinetree does."

Dipper quickly looked up at Bill with a bright smile, "I forgive them."

"Then it is done," Bill said, taking Dipper's hand in his.

Keyhole was the first to burst out crying, "Thank you!" He grabbed Dipper's other hand and shook it violently. "I accept you Dipper, one-hundred percent!" The other two demons did the same in taking turns to shake Dipper's free hand before making their way through the party.

Dipper and Bill made their way to the rest of the group, Dipper even had a chance to say hello to some of the other humans there at the ball.

"Hi, you two!" Amy waved and she skipped towards them. But once she was close enough to the two, she smirked up at Dipper and then looked towards Bill, "You remarked him again?"

Both their cheeks flushed red. Dipper crossed his arms and tilted his head towards Bill with a raised brow, "Really? Again?"

Bill coughs a little into his fist before adjusting his tie, trying to not make eye contact with him. "Well sometimes I don't realize I'm marking you..." he muttered.

"It smells really strong, was it recent?" Moddey asked innocently as he walked up towards the two.

"Lately the two have been getting excited huh?" Pyronica teased. Mostly directing it towards Bill. Bill only rolls his eyes.