Chapter 18: A Guilty Conscious

If this chapter seems not that well, it's because I didn't edit that much since I was too busy playing Among Us with a group of friends. Sorry not sorry :3

Also I did a quick sketch using my new drawing tablet... yeah I'm sorry, I put no time or effort into it lol.

~ Ms. Loba

~Dipper was now sitting on the couch in Bill's room, petting Moddey's head who was also laying on the same couch. The party was cut short for Dipper right after dancing with Amy because Bill came up to him with a glare and red wine spilled all over his tux. He said he was no longer in the party mood and wasn't going to leave a human by himself with a hellhound in a room filled with demons so now here Dipper was, sitting down on the couch reading while Bill was in the bathroom showering.

Gideon on the other hand also was sent to his cell, so Dipper thinks this was a fun night. Although Dipper was curious about what happened to Bill's tux, he couldn't ask since the demon wasn't in a good mood to answer his endless amount of questions. So he stayed quiet.

"You think he'll kill us both?" Dipper asked.

Moddey kept his head on Dipper's lap as he sighed. "Probably me, but most likely not you. The worst he'll probably do to you is make you wear that costume again."

Dipper snorted, "You got a point there." he then continued to read. "In your world, are hellhound considered pets or everyday citizens?"

"I guess both? We can be pets, like guard dogs or just a lovely family member like you humans have as dogs and cats. But it's not like they collect us or sell us, put us in cages and such. We just wander around hell and if we meet someone willing to care for us then we let them. Hellhounds can even become familiars to powerful demons if the bond is stronger between the two."

"Familiars?" Dipper repeated, "Isn't that like some magical pet?"

Moddey snorted, "I guess you can call it that. If the bond between the powerful demon and the hellhound is strong, then the hellhound can bind their souls and minds, even powers. The hellhound would even risk everything, give up their life for their masters once they become a familiar."

"And it's only for powerful demons?" Dipper asked, getting more curious about this bond thing since it sounds very interesting.

"That's what I heard so far. Maybe a regular demon could bond with a hellhound. But it's cooler if the demon has strong abilities."

"True, it's like an unstoppable team." Dipper then turned his attention back to the book he was reading which was about the Underworld and how it looks. It seemed to be just like any other world, just another dimension with big differences, besides the fact it being a place filled with demons and hellhounds.

Bill finally walked out from the bathroom, wearing only a towel around his waist. Dipper glances a little to see if Bill was no longer in his bad mood but instead, his eyes caught sight of Bill's bareback before he walked into his closet. To Dipper's horror, the demon had many scars all over his skin.

"Don't talk about it," Moddey warned. "He hates when others point it out."

Dipper nods, understanding that it's a serious topic to not bring up. When Bill walked out fully dressed, Dipper was quick to avert his eyes to the book to quickly forget what he had just seen.

"U-Uh- Wow, your world is strangely beautiful, like an enchanted forest or something like that." Dipper laughed nervously but continued to admire the picture.

Bill's angry frown softened at the sight of Dipper's expression, the human always had his nose stuck in a book. He made his way towards Dipper and sat on the armrest of the couch, leaning on Dipper a little. "That's the forest De Perenni Cultu, I've been there once with my family. It's more beautiful in person."