Chapter 25: Blood Contract

Thanks for all the support! :')
~ Ms. Loba

~"Idiot!" Bill spat at Gideon. "You are a complete dumbass! Did you even read the fine print?!"

Dipper looked up at Bill in shock, confused by why he suddenly got so angry. "The hell is wrong with you?" Dipper hissed.

Bill sighed in irritation before looking back down at Dipper, "I apologize, Pinetree but your acquaintance here really has dug himself in a hole that even I can't help him out of."

Dipper frowned, glancing over at Gideon who was still shaking in fear before looking back at Bill. "What do you mean you can't help him? What is that on his wrist anyway?"

"Well for starters, it's not a simple spell that prevents someone from saying information," Bill walked over to Gideon and grabbed him by the back of his shirt, pulling him up onto his feet before grabbing his wrist and showing the carving again. "This is a contract and the only way to break a contract is ripping up the paper that he signed his name in his own blood that's probably with Paul, the guy we are trying to find! But Gideon can't tell us where this guy is because if he does, he will die!" Bill looked into Gideon's eyes, "Idiot." He hissed.

"With blood?" Dipper asked in disgust. "Gideon, why on earth would you sign anything that requires you to sign your own name in blood?"

"I-I didn't know it was written in my blood. Not at first." Gideon stuttered. Dipper helped him out by pulling him away from Bill's grip and eyeing him to stay back. Bill only raises his hand in defense before leaning against the wall. Still glaring at Gideon, "After seeing others sign over and over, I began to realize that it wasn't red ink. But Bill is right, I could die!"

"So there is no way of finding Paul, especially if his Exorcists can't even tell me without dropping dead." Bill pouted while crossing his arms. "Well played, old man," he muttered.

"Can ye keep it down, I'm trying to sleep!" Everyone turned their heads towards the cell right across from them. To everyone's surprise -except Gideon- Old man McGucket was there.

"McGucket," Dipper said and rushed to open his cell as well.

"Why hello there, Dipper. What brings ye here in my cave?" Dipper ignored McGucket's crazy talk and began to search his hands and wrist for any strange marking. When he saw nothing he went to his legs and checked his ankles. "Whoa there Dipper, those are me shins!"

Dipper stood back a little when finding nothing, even frowning a bit as he thought to himself. If McGucket was also an Exorcist, then shouldn't he have one too? Then he saw McGucket scratch at the cast he had around his arm, leaning back against the wall before scratching at his beard. "Why do you wear a cast? You've been wearing the same one for years now."

McGucket's eye twitches, "Well you see la'dy, I have a very bad cut that never seems to go away, decided it's for the best to just cover it."

Dipper tilted his head at that, "A cut you say?" He asked which McGucket nods too. Dipper knew what that meant and began to remove the cast from McGucket's arm which wasn't hard, mostly because it slips on and off like a glove. Once it was off, Dipper's theory was proven correct as a very visible carving symbol was on McGucket's arm. The same marking as Gideon's. "He has it too."

"I told you already, Pinetree. McGucket used to know Paul and was one of his Exorcists." Bill said, walking up from behind him. Gideon also walked into McGucket's cell, looking over Dipper's shoulder to see if it was true. "Paul probably started using the contract when McGucket threatened to reveal the truth of his plans," Bill added which made sense to Dipper.

"That crazy old man? That can't be true." Gideon argued in disbelief.

"Well, he wasn't always a crazy old man, Gideon." Bill hissed and Gideon quickly rushed to the safety of his cell. "He was one of Paul's close friends just like Ford, but unlike him, Paul never got to kill him. Instead, he wiped his mind clean to the point McGucket lost all of his sanity."