Chapter 38: The Summoning Circle

I'm sorry for the long wait, hope this makes up for it :)

Also, for fair warning, this chapter does contain self-harm but I assure you that it does NOT contain depression or suicide.

~Ms. Loba

~It was the next morning and Dipper was wide awake, he was already washed and dry wearing his new set of clothes Bill gave. He was heading towards the library, hoping to find Amy so he could talk to her about the other night, he felt as it's his responsibility to help fix whatever Gideon does only because he has known the man for the longest time.

When Dipper entered the library, Amy and Moddey were also awake and already talking to each other on the couch. "Morning," Dipper said as he walked over to them.

Amy's face lit up like always, "Good morning Dipper! Where's Bill?"

"He has a meeting right now," Dipper said, sitting down in front of the two. "Amy, I wanted to apologize for Gideon since he was so rude to you. He still thinks badly of demons so don't take what he says personally."

Amy frowns, "Well whatever he does say I'm gonna take it personally because I am a demon."

Dipper blinked a couple of times, realizing the child demon does have a point, "Yeah, but he just doesn't understand you for you as an individual, all he sees is that you're a demon." he explained, Amy smiled a little, finding it sweet that Dipper was willing to say sorry, but then again, it wasn't him who said those things about her parents. "How are you feeling?"

"Great. Moddey made me feel way better." Amy said.

"All I did was play fetch," Moddey muttered, laying his head down at his feet in shame. "I'm not a dog."

Dipper snorted, trying to hold in his laugh. He always finds it amusing how many times Moddey feels the need to remind everyone he's not a dog. "True, you aren't a dog, you look more like a wolf," Moddey growled in offense while Amy giggled at the joke. Dipper only had a grin on his face, shaking his head at the hellhound before a book with an interesting cover caught his eye. It laid on the coffee table so he reached out and grabbed it. The cover has written Summoning a Demon in red bold ink. "Whose book is this?"

Amy shrugged, "It was there when I came here, so I assume it belongs here." Dipper smiles with excitement as he begins to open the book. "You really like to read," she commented.

"I just really like learning new things. I thought summoning demons was a thing in movies and stuff. I didn't know it was an actual spell you can learn." Dipper glanced through the pages, planning to read it later when suddenly a word caught his eye. "Marking?" It was the word everyone kept mentioning but Dipper hasn't gotten the chance to ask what they mean. "Isn't that what you were saying before Moddey?"

Moddey lifted his head, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you were saying something about how Bill marked me and that's why demons and hellhounds can't hurt me," Dipper added, looking at the big hellhound laying on the floor in front of him.

"Oh! Yes, Bill has marked you which is like a scent that lets us demons and hellhounds know that you belong to a certain demon and in this case, it was Bill's mark that everyone could smell. It was just hard to pick up sometimes because over the years it starts to fade."

Amy smirked, "Yeah, but recently it's really strong again."

Dipper frowns, "What do you mean?"

"You have the book in front of you, right?" Amy teased with a wiggling of her brow.