Chapter {25}

Brayden Pov:

"Damn, bro this we how we gotta celebrate your 22nd birthday?" I questioned Lou looking at his motionless body as the loud noise of the ventilator could be heard in the background breathing for him. "Then you gon' be missing out your favorite holiday." I continued shaking my head.

Today was the 27th of November and Lou's 22nd birthday it was killing me not being able to properly celebrate my brother's birthday like we always do. By now Lou's crazy ass would've been posted up at the annual block party an OG by the name of Big K would throw every year.

No doubt he would be on the verge of being drunk with a bottle of Henny in one hand and a blunt in another.

"You gotta wake up bro I can't keep seeing you in this state." I told him truthfully sniffling as I felt my eyes start to get water. "I need you to wake up or doing something Lou. I know your nosy ass is listening to my every word and probably calling me soft by now." I chuckled already hearing the slick comments he would be making seeing the tears coming down my face right now.

I know I would always complain about how annoying Lou was or how irritated I would get when he randomly popped up at my crib, but now I was regretting every slick comment I made towards him. I missed his chaotic ass ways and loud voice irritating me and disturbing my peace. I just wanted my damn brother back.

"I thought hearing the argument between me and moms would've at least made you move or something. Shit, maybe even wake your instigating ass up." I joked looking over him waiting for some type of reaction that never came.

Hearing the door crack open I seen the devil herself walk into the room dressed down in work attire as her hair was in a neat bun on top of her head. Removing her coat, she draped it behind the chair before going over to Lou's bedside to kiss him on the forehead.

Sending me a quick glare once our eyes connected, I scoffed not even going to give her petty ass the reaction she wanted. I haven't spoken to Gloria since me and her got into it nor has she tried to reach out to me. Hell, can't blame her on that one tho cause I didn't try to reach out to her ass either.

"Happy birthday baby boy." She smiled grabbing his hand and squeezing it as I put my attention on my phone aimlessly scrolling. "Are you coming over for Thanksgiving." She asked clearing her throat causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"Nah, I'm still struggling to let go of this grudge I'm too old to hold onto." I told her sarcastically as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm trying to be civil Brayden so could you please for once just let it go. I already have to celebrate Thanksgiving without my baby boy I can't fathom trying to have Thanksgiving without you too." Hearing the sadness in her tone as she looked down shaking her head, I felt slightly guilty.

I was still upset about our last conversation and was serious when I said I didn't want anything to do with her, but I understood where she was coming from.

"I'll think about it." I told her cause I wasn't promising shit.

"Good, I hope you decide to leave your petty attitude at the door I would hate for you to embarrass me in front of your Dad's side of the family." She smiled as I looked at her crazily.

Hol' up she said what?

"Huh?" I asked stupidly as she chuckled at my response.

"I invited your Dad's side of the family this year and they accepted my invitation."

"Then I'm not attending." I told her straight up shrugging my shoulders carelessly as her jaw dropped.

"Brayden!" She scolded as I sighed not in the mood for her shit. I just wanted to celebrate Lou's birthday peacefully and here she go with her drama. "Why do you always have to make things so difficult?" I didn't miss the annoyance in her voice as she rolled her eyes.