Chapter {70}

Liyah Pov:

Sluggishly making my way into the cafeteria I covered my mouth feeling a loud yawn escaping. I'm so exhausted I felt as if I could crash at any moment. This morning I had to get up bright and early to meet with the contractor of our new house to check on its progress along with updates on what's left to do and how long it'll take.

Then I had to rush back to the hospital because Brayden was getting some test done and I wanted to be back here in time to hear the results from the doctor. I knew if I left it up to Brayden to explain, he probably would've given me some half ass answer and would've been clueless to all my questions. So, to save us all the trouble I rushed back getting here just in time.

Meaning my body is literally running on fumes since I barley got any rest last night. I know Brayden has been enjoying me sleeping up here with him at night, but he was going to have to thug it out tonight. I desperately needed my bed and a good night's rest that isn't constantly being interrupted by nurses coming in and out of the room.

In the cafeteria it was a small café that sold different pastries, coffee, teas, and a whole bunch of other things. I was more interested in the energy booster smoothie I always see them advertising when I come in here. In this very moment I needed all the energy I could get which is why I ordered the largest size possible.

While waiting on my order I decided to go grab me a straw and a few napkins that way I could grab my drink and go. As I went to reach for a straw somebody quickly stuck their hand in front of mine before snatching a straw out the container. Looking up I let out a deep sigh seeing the very last person I wanted to deal with this morning.

My patience is literally at zero for Ms. Gloria and her antics.

The smug look she wore on her face along with the petty smile to match as she innocently placed her straw into her drink. I wanted to smack it right off and humble her with a quickness, Lord knows she tried me on the right day today.

"Sorry, dear gotta be quicker than that." She stated pettily biting back a laugh seeing the look I was giving her.

What are we 12? Please, grow up with your old ass.

"Real mature." I scoffed not even attempting to bite my tongue today because I was over it all and especially her with this one-sided beef.

"You should be the last one talking about maturity considering you're the reason my son is in this mess in the first place." She snapped removing all amusement off her face as she now stood tall glaring down at me.

"No, your son is in this mess because of his stubborn ways. Brayden put himself in this predicament not me." I corrected crossing my arms over my chest and shifting my weight to my other leg.

"Please, little girl wherever you go drama always follows. My son was doing so well those three years without you and now that you've popped back up his life has been filled with non-stop drama." She sneered sizing me up as if the sight of me repulsed her.

She could not be serious right now, I thought looking at her stupidly.

She should be the last one to place the blame on anyone especially when it comes to drama. I mean this is the same women who brought so much drama to her own son's life that he literally had to block her so he could be free of her.

"What is it Ms. Gloria? Are you jealous? Are you envious that your son loves me in ways that your own ex-husband couldn't? Because I'm confused on where this sudden animosity has come from. I have done absolutely nothing to you but ever since we had that talk that day you've been coming for me and shading me left and right as if I did something to you."