Chapter {40}

Birthday Trip pt. 3

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Devon Pov:

Sitting outside on my balcony I wiped at my face trying to dry up the tears while fiddling with an old picture of me and Bre that I kept in my wallet. I was hella disappointed in myself for what I did last night. I've never laid hands on a woman but the rage I felt flowing through my body was an experience I never felt before.

Then finding out she moved on, but not with a random nigga to my home boy. That just triggered something within inside me and I spoke a lot of disgusting words I didn't mean. I still couldn't get the terrified look she gave me out my head.

Never in my life had I seen Bre look so scared of someone and I was upset that I was the first one to pull that out of her. She didn't deserve any of the actions I did or the words I said to her last night. I guess I was so blinded by rage I let it take over and it made me do a horrible thing.

I was beating myself up heavily over the situation and I even tried apologizing to her this morning, but she was out the house before I could speak to her. I'm pretty sure she didn't want to see my face, but my heart wouldn't be right till I at least tried to apologize and make up for my actions.

"Damnnnnnn," Amir dragged out holding a fist up to his mouth snapping me out my thoughts causing me to quicky stuff the picture in my pocket and wipe at my face once again. "I ain't know young Carter had it in him. I mean Lou always been kinda wild but Carter..." He dragged out shaking his head looking at my face as I mugged him.

Like Amir I was surprised that Carter was the first one to attack me let alone beat my ass how he did. Even though Lou joined in with them got damn crutches that felt worst than getting beat with a bat.

The left side of my ribs were severely sore and probably even broken from Lou's crutches. My face didn't look the best either from my busted lip and swollen nose that had went down a lot from me icing it all day.

"Amir." Yori snapped smacking him upside the head as Amir hissed rubbing at the back of his head.

"Damn, nigga why don't you knock the Mario coins out my head?" Amir scoffed sending Yori a side eye, but he waved him off.

"We just came up here to check on." Yori told me awkwardly rubbing at the back of his neck as I nodded my head in appreciation.

I looked around and seen Brayden wasn't with them, but I wasn't surprised from the look he was giving me last night. Like Lou I'm pretty sure I set him off, but he kept quiet on the situation which wasn't good for me because I knew it would be soon that he would blow up on me.

"Well, more like Yori cause even though we bros if Angel bring his crazy ass around ion know you." Amir stated truthfully and shrugging once he caught the look Yori was giving him. "What? A nigga like his life and I'll be damned if I get my ass killed behind Devon. I mean I'm cool with the nigga and all but ion like him like that." He continued to speak as if I wasn't sitting right here.

"Amir." Yori sighed facepalming himself not even speaking on the situation anymore. "What was that last night?" He asked me genuinely curious as I sighed.

I was trying to figure that shit out myself.

"Ion know man I just got so enraged after learning she was sleeping with Angel and then the smart remarks about fucking anybody she wanted just made me black out." I told him honestly putting my head in my hands still trying to figure out why I would snap and put my hands on a woman like that.

"Listen, I'll tell you what it is." Amir said putting his hand on my shoulder and sitting down in the chair next to me as I sighed knowing it was fixing to be some stupid shit to leave his mouth. "It was nothing but plain ol' jealousy because you still got feelings for the girl. That green monster came out and made you show yo ass." He sighed in disappointment.