Chapter {54}

Devon Pov:

Sitting in the backseat of the unmarked SUV my right leg anxiously bounced up and down as I chewed nervously at my fingernails. Looking towards the front where Yori sat calmly in the driver seat with his left arm resting against the door as the other strummed his fingers against the steering wheel keeping rhythm with the music playing lowly in the background.

Brayden sat in the passenger seat just as cool as Yori as he observed his surroundings looking out the window. He sat there without a care in the world acting completely different than the person who snatched me out my bed at 6AM and basically had his homeboy drown my girl till she passed out.

Lastly, I placed my attention on Amir who sat next to me in the backseat with a black bandana wrapped around his head as he smacked obnoxiously on his bubble gum. They were all dressed in all black which meant whatever they were about to do would have a horrible outcome.

My eyes drifted down to the automatic that sat resting on Amir's lap causing me to gulp. Slightly fearful of what Brayden has planned for me because since they picked me up, he hadn't said much besides asking for directions to the run-down restaurant I meet Adrian at.

That was probably over an hour ago and the eerie feeling I was feeling inside this truck as I looked between the three of them did nothing to put my nerves at ease. As much I wanted to say Amir was still my bro and wouldn't place harm on me, I couldn't be too sure in this moment.

I know Brayden thinks I set both him and Yori up when they met me at the longue, but I was completely innocent. God could strike me down right now if I'm lying but I swear on everything I love I was just as blindsided as them.

Adrian somehow figured out my location and put that hit out on them without my knowledge. Plus, I wasn't stupid enough to set up Brayden or Yori and still stay in the same vicinity as them. That was just asking to get my life taken.

As much as I pleaded to Brayden and Yori about me not knowing anything yesterday morning I knew they still didn't believe me. Especially Brayden which is why I was being extremely cautious not to set him off.

I've seen the wrath of King B enforced on other people but being on the other end of that stick yesterday morning reminded me exactly why people feared him. Majority of the time Brayden is a laid back go with a flow type of person who at times could have a fucked-up attitude, but once he was set off...

Let's just say King B was someone I never wanted to meet again.

"W-w-what are we doing here?" I asked clearing my throat trying to get some bass back into my voice after mentally scolding myself for stuttering.

My plan was to show them I had no fear but in reality, I was shaking like a stripper inside. Watching how Yori easily drowned Nahla till she bout died yesterday while Brayden forced me to watch with a sadistic smile on his face was a true eye opener.

It made me wanna rethink my plan with Adrian on how to take B out. I seen yesterday when he looked into my eyes with that cold devilish look that Brayden would take me out with no hesitation.

"What does it look like?" Brayden shot back sarcastically not bothering to spare me a glance as he pulled out another automatic from under his seat. "You thought we were going on a joy ride?" He asked finally turning around to look at me with his eyebrow raised and an evil smirk on his face.

He knew exactly how much power he held using it to his advantage by easily noticing the fear that was my body was reeking of. The cocky smirk he held on his face was starting to piss me off, but I wouldn't dare buck. Especially not in the situation I was in at the moment.