Chapter {33}

Yori Pov:

Walking into the house with Arie skipping behind me as I accidently zoned out her loud talking about ballet class today. My mind was literally all over the place considering the events that happened yesterday evening.

The call I received from Zaria last night had almost made my heart stop once she told me that if I didn't want her locked up, I needed to get to some hotel right now. Mind you this the same hotel she told me she knew nothing about.

So, now I gotta wake our daughter up so we can rush to get her mother thinking something bad physically happened to her when in reality I learned she got her ass played by trying to be captain save a crack head.

Then I get blindsided once I was told I gotta pay for the damages and missing furniture in the hotel room I knew nothing about. Taking thousands out of my account that not only I was using to provide for our family but making sure my daughter could participate in her after school activities that she loved and anything else she wanted.

Zaria wasn't only stealing money from me but out her own daughters' mouth, and I didn't care which way she tried to flip it. It was fucked up and I was furious with her ass.

"Daddy, are you listening?" Arie said patting my thigh looking up at me with a curious but yet frustrated look on her face.

"I'm sorry baby girl, but how about you go get cleaned up for dinner then tell daddy everything he missed during dinner. Okay?" I grinned placing a kiss on her forehead trying to act like my normal self so she wouldn't pick up on the bad mood I was in.

"Okay, daddy but you better listen this time!" She warned pointing her little finger at me with a serious look on her face as she tooted up her lips.

"I gotchu, love." I chuckled as she nodded liking my answer before racing off towards the stairs to go into her room.

Sighing I set my keys back onto the hook that was right outside the kitchen entrance. Peeking my head inside the kitchen I seen Zaria had already got started on dinner causing me to try to make my escape before she noticed me.

"Yori, I know your there." She huffed turning down the stove as she stirred something in a pot. "When are you going to finally talk to me babe?" She asked sadly turning around looking at me with red raw eyes showing she had been crying.

I expected her to at least try to explain herself last night once we got in the car, but she kept quiet silently crying as I sat there silently fuming waiting for answers. Only once we got home did Zaria try to explain the situation to me but having to sit there and play guessing games in my head for the whole 30-minute ride back home only flared my temper worst.

As soon as we walked through the threshold of our house I immediately went straight into my man cave locking myself away till I was sure Zaria had went to bed. I was livid last night and honestly, I was afraid of what I might've done if she said the wrong thing, so I kept my distance and slept in the guest room last night.

"I said I was sorry!" She cried out as I just leaned against the entrance door to the kitchen looking at her blankly. "I didn't know she would do that to me." She continued referring to Ashley as I mentally rolled my eyes at that bitch.

"How long?" I asked finally speaking up with my voice firm and hasher than I intended but I wasn't about to play games with Zaria on this situation.

Once the question left my mouth, she ducked her down sniffling as she kept her focus on the bunny slippers on her feet. Her hands fiddled in front of her as I sat there impatiently waiting for the answer.

"How long?!" I snapped once again raising my voice causing her to flinch back as fear came across her face.

Any other time seeing Zaria look at me like that would have influenced me to go comfort her but not today. I was hurt that she tried to deceive me when I gave her ample opportunities to come clean.