Chapter {32}

Brayden Pov:

Walking into Lou's hospital room texting on my phone checking up on Liyah making sure she was good since her ass can't handle her liquor. She was up on the phone with me after I called her to let her know I made it home safely. In return I heard her puking her guts out and got roped into sitting on the phone with her till she finally dozed off.

Looking up from my phone I quickly hit a U-turn seeing Gloria sitting in the chair next to Lou's bedside where he was knocked out. Glancing up from her sitting position once she heard the door open back up she called me back into the room.

"Wassup?" I asked dryly stuffing my phone back into my pockets not really in the mood for Gloria and her BS.

My body was already sore from being jumped last night not to mention my face was a little banged up but nothing major. Gloria and her problems were the last thing my sleep deprived ass needed to deal with.

"What happened to your face?" She gasped with her hand cupping her mouth before rushing out of her seat to come check on me, but I stepped out her reach before she could touch my face.

"I'm good, you need anything?" I asked getting straight to the point because I was serious when I said I needed time away from her.

I hadn't received a text, phone call, or anything of that nature since our last conversation. As much as I wanted to cut my moms off and act like her disappearance from my life didn't mean much I couldn't. I was hurt it resulted to us basically treating each other like strangers but I couldn't deal with the betrayal any longer.

"Um, no. I was just leaving so you can stay here with your brother." She stated awkwardly clearing her throat as a sad look appeared on her face from my cold attitude.

Watching as she collected her things and put her coat back onto her body. She kissed Lou's forehead before turning on her heels and walking back into my direction. Looking as her mouth opened as if she wanted to say more, I raised an eyebrow only for her close her mouth and give me a small sad smile.

I wanted to feel bad truly, but she had done way too much damage for me to even think about giving her another chance right now.

Not saying anything more she left out the room as I sighed taking her previous seat. As Lou peeked his eye open looking around the room sneakily causing me to look at him strangely.

Fully opening his eyes, he let out a sigh of relief realizing Gloria had finally left the room.

"Bro, do you know how long I been waiting for her ass to leave?" He rasped out choking over his words as I quickly reached over handing him his cup of water. "'Pericate it, her ass had been in here for longest whining and complaining over you and Gabriel. I finally just faked like I was going back to sleep to shut her ass up."

Busting out laughing as I seen the relieved look on his face, I couldn't help the tears that were coming down my face right now. Only Lou would bounce back from a coma and already be on some bull shit.

"Yo, you wrong for that." I told him once I had sobered up from my laughter as he shrugged.

These past few days Lou had been progressing well and had been staying up longer and holding full conversation with everyone. I was glad that blink once for no and blink twice for yes stage was over because my heart couldn't take seeing my brother in that predicament any longer.

"Man, that lady can get exhausting," He started out while shaking his head. "I love her cause she gave me life and all but Ion wanna hear bout Gabriel's punk ass much less y'all drama."

"Yeah, why you think I had to cut her ass off?" I asked rhetorically causing him to smirk.

"Ayo, y'know being in a coma is like confessional. The things I heard from some of y'all while I was out was crazy and let's not talk about the arguments. Y'all some wild ass motha fuckas." Lou joked causing me to laugh.