Chapter {63, part two}

I know y'all said you wanted a book on all the kids, but that would be a lot so how about I write on Des, Junior, Arie, Domo, and Evie?  Is that cool?

Yori Pov:

Sitting off in the cut with my car turned off and my seat slightly back I kept my focus on Agent Davis as he enjoyed his dinner at a local diner by himself. Since Brayden got locked up a couple of days ago, I had been following his every move as a favor to B. He believed Davis was working with Adrian and I couldn't disagree after he told me the facts of his case.

It was no way in hell he should've been connected to Gabriel's murder because I know for a fact, he wasn't the one who killed him nor was he the one who hid the body. Brayden did torture Gabriel for some days but after Liyah's fake death he was done with all of it and cut himself off from all of us. Hell, it took him a while to even get back into this gang bull shit after he lost Liyah.

I'm also still lost as to how the drugs and cash got planted inside of his club because he kept all his illegal dealings away from his legit businesses. The only scenario that keeps popping up in my mind is New Year's night and that random shooting. I'm thinking that was the distraction for someone to go up to B's office and plant that shit.

I already tried getting Sticky to look at the surveillance footage from that night but somehow it was magically erased letting me know that it was an inside job. Obviously, it's a snake within our business and I was going to find out who it was even if it's the last thing I do.

Hearing my phone vibrate from inside the cup holder I quickly snatched it out barley looking at the caller ID as I pressed accept. Hearing the automated voice asking if I wanted to accept the charges from this collect call I agreed and patiently waiting for it to connect.

"Ayeee, if it ain't my favorite jail bird." I teased once the line finally connected causing Brayden to let out a slight laugh in response.

"Fuck up, Yori."

"Nah, for real though how you been holdin' up bruh?" I questioned getting serious genuinely wondering how my brother has been since he was locked up on these false charges.

"As best as I can in this corrupt ass prison." He sighed sounding as if he was completely over this whole situation and I couldn't even blame him. I probably would've been losing my mind by now if I was in his situation. "They purposely locked me up away from my gang, so I got zero protection in here. Not to mention I'm pretty sure Adrian got some people on the inside."

"This shit is so fucked up." I huffed in frustration running a hand down my face feeling my anger slightly rising knowing I couldn't physically do anything to help him out. "What you mean you think he got people in the inside? You think some shit might pop off?"

"These guards have been stalking me since I got my ass thrown in here not to mention all the mean mugs, they've been sending me. At this point, I'm just waiting for them to make their move. I know it's coming soon from the sly ass smirks they've been throwing my way." He explained lowly into the phone almost whispering as if he didn't want someone to overhear his conversation.

All I could do was shake my damn head as I kept my eyes trained on the restaurant across the street. I couldn't wait until we finally caught Adrian because all of this shit was happening because of him. My brother might've done some fucked up shit in his life but he sure as hell didn't deserve getting set up like this.

"Have you talked to your lawyer about getting you transferred to a different prison?" I asked stroking my beard in thought about what I could do to help out.

"You really think they about to move me of all people to a different location?" He questioned with letting out a snort amused with my question. "Please, these fucking pigs are probably jumping for joy I'm inside this bitch. My safety is the last of their damn concerns." He expressed bitterly as I kept quiet knowing he held some truth behind his words.