Chapter {50}

[Two Weeks Later]

Lou Pov:

The dull dark blue eyes stared back at me as a sinister smile played on his mask covered face. He stood over me as if he had all the power while I laid there weak on the ground.

The night sky was lit up with stars that shined brightly catching my attention as I looked away from the evil man. My body felt cold, and my vision was clouded as if I had unreleased tears in my eyes.

My body felt like it was on fire and I was in so much pain, but I couldn't tell from what exactly. All I could do was lay there weak and defenseless as I heard multiple people laughing at my pain.

The rough, ragged voice finally spoke after he stopped laughed at my suspense.

"Tell your pussy ass brother that..."

Gasping I jumped up from my sleep as I felt my body drenched in sweat. Running a hand over my slightly drenched hair I then moved on to checking my body as if I was still in pain from my nightmare.

It felt so real, but it always cuts off right there before the man finishes his sentence. I was clueless as to what I was supposed to tell my brother.

What did Brayden need to know? And how come I couldn't figure that shit out?

"Lou the fuck? You good bro?" Carter snapped standing above me looking at me in concern as I just realized he was in my room.

Looking at Carter blankly I took a deep breath as I opened my mouth to respond before quickly closing it back. That was the question I was trying to figure out myself I thought lost on what was happening to me right now.

"I know night terrors when I see them and I'm pretty sure your ass just experienced one." Carter continued frowning up his face as he kept his piercing stare on me through his shades. "Man, go get yourself together. I'll be downstairs I brought us some food." He told me shooting me a small smile before exiting out my room.

Sighing I eased my way out of bed removing my sweat stained linen before making my way into the bathroom to do my hygiene. Looking into the bathroom mirror I took in my disheveled appearance causing me to shake my head.

Ever since that shooting at the club, I had been having these chronic nightmares that woke me up at random times in the middle of night. Then it would be a struggle for me to go back to sleep which majority time left me staring up at the plain ceiling till sunrise.

That night at the club triggered something but I'm not exactly sure what.

Snatching my phone off the counter I seen that it was 12 o'clock in the afternoon which was better than the other mornings when I would wake up at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep.

Time to finally start my day, I thought while shaking my head.   

***

Making my way into the kitchen I spotted Carter sitting at the dining room table as he ate on his food from Zaxby's while scrolling through his phone completely oblivious to my presence. Keeping quiet I pulled out my chair before taking the seat across from him and opening my container of food.

"So how long have you been experiencing night terrors?" He questioned still not looking up from his phone somewhat starling me because I thought he wasn't paying attention.

"Why are you wearing shades inside the house?" I shot back intrigued on why he was wearing sunglasses when it was cloudy outside and it was barely any light in this room.