Chapter 27 - Baby Blue

"The most beautiful part is that I wasn't even looking when I found you."

*************

Alex's POV

"I don't like this one bit," I whined again, the whole situation making me beyond uncomfortable.

"I know," Ashton replied back, so casually.

"That doesn't make me like it," I added with an annoyed sigh, and shot him a side glare.

His gaze left the road and fell back on me, "I know that too," He added before he looked back ahead of him and continued driving.

"You know, usually you're the mature one between us," I commented, hating to admit that, "But, this is beyond immature, you freaking threw him in jail," I added, "The boy is not evil, he's just immature and stupid, that's why things ended up here, but if he goes to jail, then, believe me, he will become evil."

"I know," He said. God, sometimes I hate him.

"And he is already eighteen, they won't take this lightly, they may punish him for like two years at least," I added, clarifying it so that his thick brain can grasp it, "You know that he would just blame Chase more for this."

He turned to me, and nodded, "I know that too."

My eyebrows pulled together at his calm composed posture, and then it clicked, "And...and that's not what you're doing, is it?"

He shook his head, "Of course I am not throwing my nephew in jail for two years," He said it as a matter of fact, "If not for his sake, for my sister's at least."

A relieved breath left me, he got me scared there for a while, "You'll bail him out, right?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I just want to teach him a lesson, a couple of days would do him good," He explained, "I know Zack, no way he'll handle this, so he himself will beg me to get him out of there."

"And you'll do so, by using the money that made him do all of this in the first place," I said in understatement and nodded, satisfied, "He will punish himself by...himself."

I smiled and tapped my hand over Ashton's shoulder, "Now, that's the Ashton that I know."

He shook his head with a sigh at my mocking tone and shrugged my hand away, "What he did can't be undone, and now I just need to focus on Chase getting better, that's all."

I nodded in agreement, "By the way," He started as his gaze went back to me and a bit of confusion drew his eyebrows closer, "What did you talk with Chase about, his mood suddenly changed and his motivation went up."

I shrugged, "I just tried to show him that if he wanted to, he'll be able to get himself out of this, that's all."

I didn't know if Ashton read in between the lines or not, but a moment of silence enveloped the car before he broke it with, "Well, thank you."

"Don't thank me, I am not doing this for you," I said in annoyance, "Chase is like a son to me, you know that," I added, "I mean if it wasn't for the blue eyes, I might've suspected he is my actual child."

"And how is that possible?" Ashton remarked.

"Well, how would I know, maybe Katherine drugged and had sex with me, you know she always had the hots for me."

He shot me a glare, "No, she never did."

I scoffed, "Dude, all the girls have the hots for me," I waved my hand in the air, dismissing how silly his thoughts are.