Chapter 12 - Sugarcoated Truth

Lilly's POV

My gaze flickered from the passport in my hand and anxiously, I glanced at the long wooden door separating us from the footsteps nearing and the voices getting closer by the second.

"I think someone is in the house," Chase mumbled from my side, stating the obvious.

Anxiety retched me one degree higher at the possible ways this could go wrong. I immediately placed the passport back in its place and grabbed the phone inside and shoved it down my pocket. I don't know how I managed to close the box and push it inside the safe this fast.

The moment I returned my attention to the door, the knob was being twisted from the outside. Knowing for sure there is no escape from this now, I did the first thing on my mind, the one thing that could divert their attention away from what I was actually doing.

I turned around so fast, my fingers wrapped over Chase's shirt and I pulled him down, pressing my lips against his.

Only one second later, I heard the door open before their footsteps halted to a stop. The nerves rocking through my inside had my hand tightening over Chase's shirt, as if it could protect me from all of this.

"What the fuck-"

"Alex, you didn't bring us here to do that, did you?" Uncle Roman said, wincing.

I pulled away from Chase as fast as I could, and my eyes fell first on my dad's shocked brown eyes. The shock waves died down in one flat second, and the furious look that took over had me gulping down.

"Hide the gun," Chase whispered from beside me making me send him one hell of a glare. This is not the time for humor. Although from the look in my dad's eyes, I can tell Chase is not joking. Dad really looked ready to kill.

"You son of a bitch, I am gonna kill you,"
He angrily marched forward but thankfully, uncle Ashton was behind him, he immediately held him back, "Don't you dare," He stressed out, his grip over dad's arm tightening.

I stood in front of Chase, almost protecting him, "He didn't do anything. It's not his fault."

"Oh, you don't get to talk," Dad pointed his finger at me, accusingly, "I'll have my talk with you later, now go to your room," He ordered before his gaze went to Chase, the muscles of his jaw worked, "I am gonna have my fun with this boy first."

"I am not gonna let you hurt him," I stressed out.

"Don't worry, he is not laying a finger on him," Ashton said, his eyes on dad, just waiting for him to try and make a move.

God, it suddenly feels like a war-zone here.

"Lilly, get out, now." Dad stressed out, his patience wearing thin.

"I am not." I said, faking strength. I gotta admit, I am scared shit. I really don't like it when he is angry.

"It's okay, go." Chase said, his hand on my arm to grab my attention. I turned to him, he gave me a small smile and leaned a bit closer, "I can handle your dad." He whispered.

I am not quite sure he can.

I gulped down all the anxious feelings eating at my inside before I circled my way around the desk and slowly made my way out.

I gave uncle Roman my puppy eyes, silently begging him to control dad. He understood that and nodded, assuringly.

"Oh come on, not on my desk too," I heard dad whine as I closed the door behind me, "I am gonna have to burn it now and buy a new one!"

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Always a drama-queen.

I paused my steps and pulled the phone I stole from the box and eyed it. I am gonna find a way to crack it open and once I do, I will figure out what the hell my parents are hiding from us.