Chapter 30 - Tonight, one lives and one dies

"So, tell me little wolf, do you want to punish those who wronged you?"

*************

Lilly's POV

Save me?

Oh, what bullshit is this now?

My irrational mind worked to my advantage this time, the adrenaline rush behind my will to escape this before it's too late strongly pushed at my limbs and my hand immediately shot to the door's handle, opening it and ready to jump off. Moving car or not, it's better than being helplessly locked up with him again.

But Christian's reflexes were faster than mine, he pressed the brakes so fast, abruptly halting the car in the middle of the isolated road, his hand circling over my arm, harshly and effortlessly pulling me inside before I make any impulsive move, "Are you crazy?" He shot out loudly as he slammed my door shut, locking it from his side this time, apparently not anticipating that I was willing to take such measures.

I stared up to him as he hovered over my seat, pulling my seatbelt and angrily fixing it around me again, his bewildered gaze freezing me in my spot, I have no idea to what extant he is willing to take this, "You were really gonna jump off?" He shot out, his eyes darkening with his frustration, "Are you fucking insane?" He snapped, "I am not going to hurt you," He added but his angry tone reflected otherwise, "I am saving your life for god's sake!"

My jaw ticked and I used whatever courage was left in me to snap back at him, "Save me?" I shot out, "You kidnapped me, again!" I pushed at his chest multiple times, prying him away from me and into his own seat, "If you are saving me, let me go then, I need to go home, my parents already have enough shit to deal with, I need to go back, now!"

He settled back in his seat, ignoring my request as he resumed driving, "You can't go back, if Louis got to you like he was planning, things would've gotten more complicated," The muscles of his jaw worked, apparently hating that he is doing this more than me, "I am saving your life and doing your family a favor," His voice lowered with his annoyance at the matter, "Which is definitely something I was never planning to do."

"What do you mean more complicated?" Frustration prickled under my skin and reflected in my tone, "I don't understand a thing, just let me go, I don't need you to save me!"

"Lilly, stop being so damn stubborn, you are giving me a headache," He grumbled, ever so seriously and I shot him a hard glare, the fucking shit, I want to snap his head off if I can, "You're lucky I figured out what Louis is doing last minute, he already has Max, if he gets you too, then definitely one of you would die today, he is not messing around this time."

My mind stopped working after he mentioned Max, "What?" I asked, breathlessly, "He has Max?" And the worst scenarios rushed to my consciousness, eluding me of logic and control. I removed my seatbelt again, bewildered and lost at what to do next, "No, no, I need to go back, I need to find my brother, please Christian, don't do this," I literally begged him, I was ready to do anything, "You need to take me back, please, I can't be hiding now, I need to find my brother, if you know where he is-"

He shook his head, his fingers tightening over the steering wheel, "If I knew where he was, I would've not risked my life and took you," He mumbled, staring ahead at the road and I didn't know what to believe in anymore.

Thoughts of Max, hurt, scared, and all alone with Louis, it played on my emotions, tightening my chest and twisting my stomach into a hundred knot, "Christian, please," I mumbled, the tears involuntarily rushing up and spilling down, "If I ever meant anything to you, just take me back, let me go, I need to warn them, we need to find Max before Louis hurts him again," That if he hasn't already. Oh god, I can't even process the thought.